Gun Question?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I have a KelTec P11 9mm. At production it was the smallest lightest 9mm in the world. I got it on sale at $225. I now have two extended clips, a grip, and I replaced the pin with a steel one. I also have an ankle holster.

My buddy has a 9mm Ruger. I'm not sure what the make is aside from it being a 2005, but I've shot it off a few times and I really like it. His ran for around $300-$350.

He wants a gun that he can conceal so he offered to trade the Ruger to me for the Keltec. All in all, I think I'm getting the better end of the bargain. The Ruger seems like a nicer weapon and it was more expensive.

I was just wondering if any of you guys are gun collectors, or know enough about guns to weigh in on this trade before I go through with it?

Stealth

May 8, 2002
gas one said:
whered you get that keltec though, granted its legitimate?
I got the Keltec in the county outside of Pittsburgh at a hunting store. (We actually both bought the guns in the same store on the same day).

Right now, the P11 is discontinued, but it was about 275-300 when I got it for 225. Comparable Rugers now go for 400-450 and his was 300-350. I did spend 1 or 2 hundred on customization, so at value, the guns are about equal.

But yeah, its legit. I got the gun at a store and I have a permit for it and everything, passed the background check on a 9mm.

The Keltec has a lifetime warranty...I'm not so sure about the Ruger. The Ruger is smoother and heavier, and doesn't have as much of a recoil. Since the Keltec is so light, the recoil is really bad and it shoots off to the left a little bit.

714KaliHydro said:
Id keep the P11.
Why? Better gun? Better to conceal? You've shot both and like the P11 more? Why would you do it?

Stealth

May 8, 2002

This isn't the same model Ruger but its almost identical.

This is the Kel Tec without the grip.

For the record, I have a Jennings J22. Its not the most lethal gun in the world, but its smaller than the Kel Tec. I'd rather conceal that and have a big gun in my home.

Sep 10, 2005
Thats pretty cheap for a new gun.

Out here in Sac, I went looking for a new one and the cheapest I found was a S&W Sigma 9mm or .40 Cal for $269 each. And the dude that worked at the gun shop said that they werent that good. Besides that, Ca is strict as fuck to get a gun. Cant conceil it, when transporting it the clip and ammo have to be LOCKED in the glove box, and the gun has to be in the trunk.

I have never heard of KelTec, but Ruger has been around for a long time.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Yeah i've seen the Sigmas around here for cheap too...they aren't that nice of a gun. They're basically a cheaper version of a glock. All plastic without the performance.

I went to the county outside Pittsburgh because that's where all the hunters live. Lots of woods and deer and shit. I get stuff a LOT cheaper at the shop I go to than if I went to the gun shops downtown.

PA is still pretty strict to get a gun, but unless you have a serious felony you can usually at least get a 9mm. I can't conceal it without a permit...you have to apply for it at your county police station, so I never wanted to fuck with that. The shit about transporting it is the same in PA as it is in Cali too.

Jun 2, 2002
i'm pretty sure that rugers have one of the best warauntees of any gun company. rugers are supposed to be real rugged and durable guns, anyway, but i've heard that if they fuck up, the warauntee usually covers it, no questions asked. i dont know much about keltecs though. i've also heard that rugers have shitty grips, but you can get the special editions with hogue grips already on them. i was looking at p90s and p97s, but i wasn't really looking at 9's.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Stealth said:
The Keltec has a lifetime warranty...I'm not so sure about the Ruger. The Ruger is smoother and heavier, and doesn't have as much of a recoil. Since the Keltec is so light, the recoil is really bad and it shoots off to the left a little bit.

My only comment is, those warranties probably don't switch if you sell or trade your gun to the new owner. So even if his does have a warranty, if you trade him, it probably will be voided--but you'd have to read the warranty(ies). And about the recoil, get some stronger forearms and put some oomph into it! lol...:)

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
^^Those 1911 45's I've heard are sick. One of my homies just got a 15 round clip for his pop's strap.

SLICC RICC

Encapuchado
Jan 4, 2005
^^^THEYRE DOPE AS FUCK... ESPECIALLY WIT THE EXTENDED MAGS, LIKE YOU SAID... YOU CANT GO WRONG WIT A 20 ROUND MAG AND A 3 POUND SINGLE ACTION TRIGGER PULL...