Grant Vs Folsom

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 15, 2007
Inland Empire
is anyone gonna watch this tonight.its the most anticipated sacramento area high school football game ever.grant is ranked among the top 10 in the nation in a couple high school polls and folsom has a unstoppable spread offense that features a quarterback that threw for 52 touchdowns and rushed for 14. should be a dope ass game. its on espn2 at 7.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Yeah when i saw that advertised on ESPN last night... i thought to myself some schools from cali not named De La Salle are getting recognition......I coach my sons football team and we have a walkthrough at 6..Hopefully i get out in time to watch most of this game....

Aug 9, 2006
just my personal opinion, HS football teams shouldnt be ranked....its not like the BCS or anything else for that matter....fuck thier rankings....

that being said, grant has been recognized for ever, they have been one of the bes teams in state for a long fucking time...and folsom shoulda been ranked in these polls, they have been the class of sacramento valley football for some time now

ill watch this...just have a funny feeling about ESPN making their next million on true amateur kids..what ever sales i guess.......

Dec 2, 2006
Private schools have the advantage because they recruit and give scholarships. A few years ago me and my pops were talking about De La Salle and he says "when have you ever seen a black catholic?" I thought it was funny but true.

May 9, 2002
Private schools have the advantage because they recruit and give scholarships. A few years ago me and my pops were talking about De La Salle and he says "when have you ever seen a black catholic?" I thought it was funny but true.
You dont have to be a private school to "recruit". If that were the case, O'dea (private all-boys school in Seattle) would be the best school every year.

Bellevue HS is one of the best HS football teams in the state, and they are a public school...in a mostly all-white area. Yet, they have plenty of afro-american kids playing for them. Figure that one out.

Dec 2, 2006
You dont have to be a private school to "recruit". If that were the case, O'dea (private all-boys school in Seattle) would be the best school every year.

Bellevue HS is one of the best HS football teams in the state, and they are a public school...in a mostly all-white area. Yet, they have plenty of afro-american kids playing for them. Figure that one out.
This is true. But private schools usually have no boundries or district you must live in to attend. But we know this is as simple as using someone's address. Certain private schools put major emphasis on their sports programs. In my opinion, private schools offer a better education and have the advantage over most public schools.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
I think rankings and ESPN coverage will allow more kids to go to college based on exposure alone! Some of these kids get swept under the rug because MOST high school coaches do not know how to get kids to the next level. I am VERY happy to see this happen. With my son going to high school next year, im glad there is more coverage and ranking systems and hoopla about it! Might help a few more kids go to college that might not have gotten the chance!

Nicely Done ESPN!!!!