Does anyone use Bluetooth?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I just got an HP iPAQ (PDA) - it comes with internet, email, AIM, .mp3 player, .wma/video, picture viewer, infrared (TV remote/ wireless access), Wi-Fi, word, excel, Bluetooth, etc.

The thing is basically as powerful as my home computer, and since i live in the city on a college campus there's Wi-Fi ports everywhere so i'm basically connected to the internet wherever I go now.

I bought it mostly for the Bluetooth - thinking my Kyocera KX2 had Bluetooth and i could piggyback onto the internet. I can also use bluetooth to stream songs from my computer and wirelessly print stuff.

The question is - what kind of products have Bluetooth? I know there's printers, computers, cell phones, the new PS3 will have Bluetooth (can't wait to play videogames from my iPAQ). But do any of you guys actually use it? This thing connects to everything, but most of the stuff I own is so outdated I had to install my own DVD-RW, let alone bluetooth. And if you do use it, how much do you use it, and how much does it help you?

Good look

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Yeah - I'm tryin to decide between the Bluetooth drive for my computer ($50 at Best Buy) or a Bluetooth wireless headphone.

Then again, I'm supposed to be spending my money on a fucking mixer and needles. Too many toys man...

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Here's my basic understanding - Bluetooth is like the ultimate wireless connection from device to device. Any two devices with Bluetooth are compatible with each other - kind of like infrared (except infrared has a short range and needs a direct line - Bluetooth is long range and can go through clothes and shit like that).

So you can wirelessly sent files from your PDA to your Printer, or use the PS3 Bluetooth Controllers to wirelessly play PS3, or access files on your computer using your PDA in the other room, listen to headphones wirelessly, etc. You can also use Bluetooth to synchronize your computer and cell phone, or access the internet on your cell phone and then check out internet explorer on your PDA using Bluetooth.

Does that make sense?