Chance the Rapper: Acid Rap

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
^ same thing

yes i know its a quote

anyways, dope album. his lyrics are killing most peoples shit right now.

whole album:

if the shits not interesting to you, youre jsut not really a fan of rap, period. definitely different sounding and kinda a fresh breath of air to hear something fresh and crisp for a second. suprised theres no comments really, dope ass album that came out of nowhere. been listening to it all day.

ab soul from TDE is on it. not sure who else
luckily i got a whole bunch of acid so ill prolly drop to the album and see how it rubs me

i think ill like it alot more, his lyrics are hella complex ill have to soak alot of this shit up to even catch real meanings

hes from chicago FYI

im sure some people wont like his voice but i think stylistically, he makes up for that in lyrics. give it a chance. i never do yall wrong!

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2005
Yeah, I liked this a lot, my first time hearing him. He's a dope rapper, straight up. Like how on "Everybody's Something" where he mentions the "talk white" thing he uses Eminem's flow, that's subtle, but creative as hell. His voice does kind of get to me at times, but it's easy enough to get past that.

Twista killed his verse on "Cocoa Butter Kisses," btw.

Elemenno

F.W.A.H.R.L.D.
Feb 28, 2009
been checking him out. Kinda torn on his sound sometimes I'm really impressed and sometimes it seems a little annoying. Been digging Everybodies Somebody and the second half of I'm Your Pusha but I plan on giving it more spins and see if some stuff grows on me.

Props: Nuttkase

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
My thoughts on the album from some other part of the Siccness...

Huh, this Chance The Rapper album actually has a solid EPs worth of really good songs.
While I really dig a handful of songs as I said before Chance The Rapper is kinda like if you melded Childish Gambino and Kendrick Lamar together but the music is even more over the top theatre school kid sounding than Gambino's already is.
That said I really do need to let the album soak more seeing there were some songs I really liked a lot (Acid Rap, Pusha Man, Everybody's Something, Smoke Again) and a few others sounded like they'd grow on me.

Save Money crew has talent.
I couldn't agree with this statement more.

That said in my opinion Kami de Chukwu >>>> Chance The Rapper

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
I have to agree with nuttkase's 2nd self quote, he's way too theater kid with it & his voice just makes me not even want to finish any songs I check out. I don't doubt it's good I just cant stand his delivery.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
^esham was wack his entire career IMO. That's just coming from me tho.

Ima guess this album is hit or miss with people which is good.

Everyone can't like everything especially some LSD related shit

I was prolly the only one I know who liked Flatbush zombies album

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2006
I couldn't agree with this statement more.

That said in my opinion Kami de Chukwu >>>> Chance The Rapper
Definitely, Chance is good and I really liked this tape. But I like Kami and Vic better at this point. I'm looking forward to more projects from all of them. Chicago has a really good and diverse rap scene right now.

Props: Nuttkase

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

Just got this now, I think its hella nice. I like how he flipped that beat from one of the interludes on The Chronic. At first his voice reminded me of Puff Daddy on Dolly My Baby remix haha, but its grown on me...