Bush and the Saudis Sitting in a Tree...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 8, 2002
2-0-Sixx said:
"Well, well, well. President George was in one hell of bind this week when it turned out that Saudi Arabia funded Al Qaeda, not Iraq. Realizing we'd invaded the wrong country, Bush did the honorable thing: he's come out against gay marriages.

i dont recall the government ever officially saying that Iraq had anything to do with the Al-Quida terrorists from 9-11.

and i dont recall ever hearing the Bush administration say that the Saudies weren't involved with Al-Quida.

B

Blackjack 1577

Mcleanhatch said:
i dont recall the government ever officially saying that Iraq had anything to do with the Al-Quida terrorists from 9-11.
Then why were they calling it the war on "terrorism" when we invaded their country?

Mcleanhatch said:
and i dont recall ever hearing the Bush administration say that the Saudies weren't involved with Al-Quida.
That's cause they didn't know tha Saudis were involved until now

May 8, 2002
Blackjack 1577 said:
Then why were they calling it the war on "terrorism" when we invaded their country?
because you are mistaken and you are thinking about the war in Afganistan.

the Iraqi situation was labeled "Attack on Iraq" and the "War in Iraq"

B

Blackjack 1577

Naw I'm pretty sure they were callin it the war on terrorism. Cause I remember fools jokin around and sayin it's the war for oil, that's how I remembered it.

Jan 31, 2003
We've known for years that the Saudi's are and were involved with Al Quaida. That's widely known general information.

As with going to war with Iraq, we did it cause 17 UN resolutions were broken in twelve years. The UN sure as heck wasn't gonna do it, they got about as much balls as a kitten when it comes to putting down their fist. Infact, after 1441 was broken, the security council wanted yet ANOTHER resolution. C'mon, how seriously can you take them?

Jul 7, 2002
Re: Re: Bush and the Saudis Sitting in a Tree...

Mcleanhatch said:

you are partially right.

But what made 70% believe Iraq had soemthing do with 9/11??its was propoganda at its finest! And that why we had the dispute in the UN. US couldn't represent a reasonable arguement for war.

Jul 7, 2002
Re: Re: Bush and the Saudis Sitting in a Tree...

Mcleanhatch said:

quote below this line:

"The [propaganda] campaign about Iraq took off last September. This is so obvious it’s even discussed in mainstream publications, like the chief political analyst for UPI, Martin Sieff, has a long article describing how it was done. In September, which happened to be the opening of the midterm congressional campaign, that’s when the drumbeat of wartime propaganda began. It had a couple of constant themes. One big lie was that Iraq was an imminent threat to the security of the United States. We have got to stop them now or they’re going to destroy us tomorrow. The second big lie was that Iraq was behind September 11. Nobody says it straight out; it’s kind of insinuated.

Take a look at the polls. They reflected the propaganda very directly. The propaganda is distributed by the media. They don’t make it up, they just distribute it. You can attribute it to high government officials or whatever you like. But the campaign was reflected very quickly in the polls. By September and since then, roughly 60 percent, oscillating around that, of the population believes that Iraq is a threat to our security. Congress, if you look at the declaration of October, when they authorized the president to use force, said Iraq is a threat to the security of the United States. By now about half the population, maybe more by now, believes that Iraq was responsible for September 11, that Iraqis were on the planes, that they are planning new ones.

There is no one else in the world that believes any of this; there is no country where Iraq is regarded as a threat to their security. Kuwait and Iran, which were both invaded by Iraq, don’t regard Iraq as a threat to their security. Iraq is the weakest country in the region, and as a result of the sanctions, which have killed hundreds of thousands of people—about probably two-thirds of the population is on the edge of starvation—the country has the weakest economy and the weakest military force in the region. Its economy and its military-force expenditures are about a third those of Kuwait, which has 10 percent of its population, and well below others. Of course, everybody in the region knows that there is a superpower there, offshore U.S. military base, Israel, which has hundreds of nuclear weapons and massive armed forces and totally dominates anything.

But only in the United States is there fear or any of these beliefs. You can trace the growth of the beliefs to the propaganda. It’s interesting that the United States is so susceptible to this. There is a background, a cultural background, which is interesting. But whatever the reasons are for it, the United States happens to be a very frightened country by comparative standards. Levels of fear here of almost everything, crime, aliens, you pick it, are just off the spectrum. You can argue, you can inquire into the reasons, but the background is there.

source: http://www.zmag.org/ZMagSite/Aug2003/barsamian0803.html

May 8, 2002
Re: Re: Re: Bush and the Saudis Sitting in a Tree...

nefar559 said:
But what made 70% believe Iraq had soemthing do with 9/11??
there are many ignorant people, and by ignorant i dont mean that they are stupid, i mean ignorant as in mis or illinformed.

every thursday i hear a segment on Sean Hannity's radio show called "man on the street thursdays".

where he asks common people on the street about 5 basic questions.

!. who is the president of the USA?

2. who is the vice-president of the USA?

3. what job is held by Colin Powell?

4. who is the speaker of the house of representatives?

you would be surprised at how many of the people asked can usually only answer #1 correctly, while some others dont know any answers

Jul 7, 2002
JsAHogg said:
I love Man On The street. These pinheads don't even know simpler questions than even those. Cracks me up.
the same "pinheads" that believe Iraq had soemthing do with 9/11?? 70% of american believed that shit