Audio Battle?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I wanna post up a quick audio battle - straight off the computer - instrumental beat - nothing hi-tech or expensive. Just lay a track down - write a verse, spit it and do whatever it is you do, and post it up.

I've only been in one audio battle (against Tadou - I'm 1-0) It was fun though. Nothin serious - only a small amount of pride is at stake here -

Any takers?

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Sure - my setup is cheap as fuck. They make Sonic Foundry Acid 4.0 or 5.0 that you can download and get a crack for, but I'm too lazy for that.

I have Sonic Foundry Acid 2.0. Install the program. Either download instrumentals online, convert them from .mp3 to .wav and paste it onto the Acid program; or go to a site like www.theheadlesshorsemen.com and download loops, then just paste the loop. There's your beat.

Then plug a computer into your microphone <--- can you believe I said that, I'm stoned as fuck. -- Plug a MICROPHONE into your COMPUTER (okay, that's better).

Click the red button on Acid to record - the beat should be playing while you record. Speak into the microphone (I used a computer mic, its about an inch long - really shitty). When you're done, hit stop.

Do whatever you need to fuck around with the volumes on all the different voice overs and shit, move stuff around, etc.

Go to File --> Save as. Then instead of saving it as .acd, save it as .mp3 or .wav.

Get a filesharing site like www.soundclick.com or www.myspace.com.

Upload your song.

Share to the community.

I'm goign to go smoke more. :)

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Nah man, I'm at work right now, and then I'm going away for the weekend (my dad is a HS football coach, and he's going the All-Pennsylvania Bowl this weekend). I'll be back Sunday or Monday. I'll post up then and see if you're still down.