Anybody know why Shadow hasn't ever dropped a solo?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 16, 2011
Anybody on here know him personally that could shed light on this. He got to know it would sell hella copies.

Is it just too much work for too little reward?

May 2, 2009
Pretty sure he works at O'Riely auto parts. My boy Guero said he saw him there a while back while getting some oil for his car.. they talked for a bit. And shadow said he likes where he's at in life and is content with what he's currently doing and isnt planning on doing music anytime soon... so no album i guess

Sep 16, 2011
^How did Woodie make enough money to not have a job if rap doesn't pay? I heard a interview saying he made about $100k per album is this inacurate?

I'm sure Shadow could sell as much as Woodie if he dropped a solo.

DODE

Sicc OG
Dec 30, 2011
because woodie had a larger fan base, a good distribution deal, produced most of his own shit, ect.. he was more known in general.
thats like saying how come akon makes more money than a-wax.

not many ppl from norcal get good money from music.
especially norteno rap. thats an even smaller fanbase than all the other rap from cali.

Sep 16, 2011
because woodie had a larger fan base, a good distribution deal, produced most of his own shit, ect.. he was more known in general.
thats like saying how come akon makes more money than a-wax.

not many ppl from norcal get good money from music.
especially norteno rap. thats an even smaller fanbase than all the other rap from cali.
^I understand Woodie was more known to the don't know fan's because his face was on the covers etc... but any Woodie fan knows and would cop Shadows shit on GP. So if Woodie can sell enough to make 100K an album Shadow could do at least half that on his solo IMO.

Lil Los could probably make some money off it too.

IDK how much B Dawg made but I bought it my guess it would be something better then nothing.

recklessofgilaz

Im Gay until I log back in
Oct 30, 2008
Gilaz with Track Killa and Vince
Also he made his own beats and had his own sound that was recognizable as an east co co release and shadow doesn't make beats so his solo won't sell that much especially since he won't be rapping over woodie beats anymore and Kevin knock's beats are a hit and miss with shadow. They're not consistent with his style of rapping. Woodie knew exactly what beats would compliment his artists so that's why his cd won't sell that much and that's possibly why he won't come out with a solo because it won't be the same with ought his boy on the project. Not to mention the fact that cd sales are shit now thanx to the net

Sep 16, 2011
woodie said in an interview it wasnt untill the 4th release when they started turning a profit and i never heard the 100,000 amount ever mention before..
he was musically one of a kind but keep in mind he had
just beat the murder of music sales by the net..
Does anybody have that old siccness interview? Woodie said some shit like after a couple CD's released a year and after paying his artists its only 100K and it only comes out to being a good paying job.

I heard it a while ago but I always thought he was making decent money off his music.

Look at Jacka he made some money off this rap shit I know he does other shit but I'm sure he made at least a couple hundred grand off it.

But fuck it when the underground sales dies rap dies and its time for a new type of music. WHERE IS OUR PASION FOR MUSIC AND LIFE?

The new generation is weak

Props: Rusto

dalycity650

Barlito's Way
Feb 8, 2006
the way today's music has gone got me thinking that its better if Shadow dont release his solo, don't get me wrong dude is hella dope but his release should have came along with Lil Los in the early 2000s. Music has changed and its definitely changed the underground scene, I'd prefer that classic east co co sound over a wannabe dirty south beat anyday. But those days are long gone....

May 2, 2009
You have to move around 20,000 units in order to make $100k, how many underground artist these days are selling that many cd's per album?? Maybe if Shadow dropped a record in the late 90's/early 2000's he could make that much, but that was back when selling 10-15k cd's wasn't uncommon for an underground rapper with alot of buzz. For a lot of rappers, there ain't that kinda money to be made these days... Unless you're Rob Rize, who makes 1.5 million dollars. For everyone else, the now over saturated rap market and internet piracy killed alot of that.

Last edited:
May 2, 2009
^I know its far fetched, I been reading up on it since 1995 "beware a pale horse"

I dont form a strong opinion like its a fact but from what I have experienced personally with the feds on my bumper over some bullshit I cant rule out the posibility of a shadow government.

My eyes arent shut and my mind isn't stuck. Sites like Alex Jones are too gone for me but Vigilant Citizen is on point for the most part. Let me tell you from personal experience that the world has a government that we don't know about.

My half brothers little cousin may or may not have killed this nigga a couple weeks ago in frisco, he's a young cat from North Richmond, he's suposably pimping and slanging for an OG who claims or admitted to being apart of the illuminati.

I would of laughed at it but after talking to my brother I feel its legit. Powerful street gangs, drug gangs and prison gangs are being controled by this shit too now.

Call me what you want to but I know what I know and I can't put it all on a thread