4 those who kno the rules too pool

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 8, 2003
help me settle an argument...

on a regular 8 ball game....

if u scratch on the first hit too break....do u automatically lose the enitre game????

Jan 7, 2004
4.06 SCRATCH ON A LEGAL BREAK
If a player scratches on a legal break shot, (1) all balls pocketed remain pocketed (exception, the 8-ball: see rule 4.8), (2) it is a foul, (3) the table is open. Please Note: The incoming player has cue ball in hand behind the head string and may not shoot an object ball that is behind the head string, unless he first shoots the cue ball past the head string and causes the cue ball to come back behind the head string and hit the object ball.

I got this of this site http://www.pool-table-rules.com I have always played if you scratch on a break you lose but I guess not if I'm reading this correct.

Aug 8, 2003
right on homies... ive only played pool twice for money, with my cuzzin both times.....and both times i fuckin scratched the first hit and my cuzz is like "break bread nigga"

Aug 8, 2003
DeceptaKhan said:
both times scratched on the first hit?have you ever picked up a q before?
geah!!! i went 10 str8 games with only 2 losses... but as soon as theres money on it... its all bad...

May 19, 2005
i know a dude that lost his xbox to some shit like this,first hit he scratched and didnt even hit any of the balls.dude was like if you would atleast hit some balls and then scratched i woulda given you another chance but your a fuckin moron and flailed big time,now give me that box,im out

Aug 8, 2003
^^
Daaaam now thats fucked up lol.. see least i hit some then it scratched.. i ain never hearda no shit like dat.. your first could be your last and itz game like that.. shiieet...

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
theYOCarea said:
4.06 SCRATCH ON A LEGAL BREAK
If a player scratches on a legal break shot, (1) all balls pocketed remain pocketed (exception, the 8-ball: see rule 4.8), (2) it is a foul, (3) the table is open. Please Note: The incoming player has cue ball in hand behind the head string and may not shoot an object ball that is behind the head string, unless he first shoots the cue ball past the head string and causes the cue ball to come back behind the head string and hit the object ball.

I got this of this site http://www.pool-table-rules.com I have always played if you scratch on a break you lose but I guess not if I'm reading this correct.
i knew that shit was the rules.. people get shitty when i tell em they cant shoot behind the line.. them cats play like they wanna get hella balls on that end of the table and wait for me to foul I swear... shit, I should be playing pool right now :angry: my drinkin buddies all actin like it's sunday and shit.. oh, it is !!

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
one thing i have learned...about playing pool for money..
is

CLEARLY DEFINE ALL THE RULES before the break..

EVERTHING FROM BREAK TO 8BALL..

ive gotten into fights over some games..cause folks be tryin to pull fast ones...on the rules..

Jun 18, 2004
Do yall play "bar rules" and "billiard rules" depending on if you got a table that takes made balls. Also, what is the rule if you make on the break, I play that the table is open until the next made ball, is that correct?

Feb 9, 2005
DeceptaKhan said:
i know a dude that lost his xbox to some shit like this,first hit he scratched and didnt even hit any of the balls.dude was like if you would atleast hit some balls and then scratched i woulda given you another chance but your a fuckin moron and flailed big time,now give me that box,im out
lol @ the idiot throwing up an xbox went he dont even know how to play

Apr 25, 2002
me and my homie were playing doubles at the bar last week, and we were playing these douchebags, and i scratched on our last ball, but made the ball, so only the 8 ball was left, but it was behind the break line, so dude try to go over the line and have the cue ball hit the eight, but he didnt hit the eight ball when he did it, so he scratched on the 8 ball right? is that a loss? they kept sayin bar rules, bar rules, then my homie hit the next shot and missed, after arguing about it for a few minutes, then they sunk the 8 ball, for the win. but did they already lose? we almost came to blows with them. so who was we right

Jul 10, 2002
There's regular 'official' 8-ball rules, Vegas rules, Bar rules, and House rules. Generally, if there's some chips on the line its good to identify how you're playin' before hand...

Sep 19, 2003
If you scratch on the break, next person goes and the table is open.

If you scratch on the break, and sink the 8-ball, you lose.

If you just sink the 8-ball on the break, you win.

And as for dude that was playing doubles, I know that if they were playing "last pocket" it doesn't count if they scratch on the 8. But you probably weren't playing that, and that's were you need to define your rules before you start the game. That's why I don't play for money in bars, cuz motherfuckers would rather argue to no end than lose their money. I've seen too many people get pool sticks cracked over their heads over not agreeing on rules.