2 those who know a good amount of music production

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 8, 2003
where did u come to learn how to setup hardware and about the art in general? Im hoping someone can provide links or books where i can soak some knowledge.

TROLL

Sicc OG
Aug 8, 2003
Sick Wid It said:
Nothing beats hands-on.
i agree in a sense, for instance, HTML, Photoshop and cool edit, i learn on my own by just playing with the programs. But when it comes to things like converting midi to wav or audio. or using vst. and a lot of other musical jargan im totally lost

Apr 25, 2002
-LEATHERFACE- said:
i agree in a sense, for instance, HTML, Photoshop and cool edit, i learn on my own by just playing with the programs. But when it comes to things like converting midi to wav or audio. or using vst. and a lot of other musical jargan im totally lost
I can dig it.

For learning techniques, in addition to hands-on, also learning by example. If you can get up under someone who knows what the fuck they're doing, it will help you 1000x! A good mentor can teach you things you'll never find in a manual, guide or how-to.

For learning how to use gear, again, hands-on and a mentor but yes, reading the manuals helps a lot! Manuals are usually a great book-of-answers for people who arn't too hard-headed to crack one open.