Has the united states ever negotiated with "terrorists"???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 9, 2005
You're a very intelligent guy Heresy, I'm sure you have evidence of the US negotiating with terrorists at some stage in the past. Even if it could not be proved though, odds are that it has happened. Greed rules this world, money is more important than life to those in power.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
well, terrorist needs to be defined...terrorist by the definition of the what the government calls terrorist i.e. the middle east? or terrorists by what knowledgable people who know the truth, such as many of the terrorist governments the US has propped up?

Mar 18, 2003
HERESY said:
If it is against american policy (which it seems) what upholds this policy? The constitution? Congress? Any info is appreciated.
What upholds the policy is the idea that, by not negotiating with terrorists, a message is sent to those who plan on using terrorism as a means to bargain, that it is useless in even trying. This policy is only effective if it is upheld 100% of the time, because even the slightest hint of mercy would suggest--to people around the world--that the U.S. is vulnerable to these tactics. And if this message were sent, a new wave of terrorism would hit this country.

Now it is known that the U.S. has not negotiated with terrorists in the past, but that is only what is known. If the U.S. were to negotiate behind closed doors, the policy would still be effective so long as no one knows about it. So in other words, the U.S. probably has negotiated with terrorists, but the last thing they would ever have happen is for it to be made public.

COCALEAFS said:
The CIA is the most prolific Terrorist organization known to man.
I disagree. CIA terrorism is not known to man.

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
CIA terrorism is widely known. You dont belive me check out the various CIA videos ive posted on the OPEN YOUR EYES thread.

Mar 18, 2003
Those videos are NOT widely known.

Just so you know (before this steers off in the wrong direction) the only thing I am disagreeing with you on, is how well known CIA terrorism is, not whether the CIA is a terrorist agency.

Ask yourself; If we walked around the block, went door to door asking people what the CIA was, what they stood for and what they did, who do you think the results would favor, me or you?

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
Only becuase people are brainwashed to such a heavy degree.

But anyone with any sence know all about the CIA antics.

alot of shit has been declassified and all over tv and news an shit for a long time.

but what they doin right now, they doin REAL big- tourture, murder, illegal wire taps and searches, illegal imprisionment.

The the most powerful terrorist oganization to ever exist.

Apr 25, 2002
Reagan most definitely negotiated with Iranian terrorists and also did so BEFORE he was president.

Im sure there are numerous examples but because terrorism is one of those words no one can agree on its difficult to say.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Ok, so the only thing that supports non negotiations is the "idea" that one will appear weak and terrorist will use it as a bargaining tool.

@Nitro you said:

And if this message were sent, a new wave of terrorism would hit this country.
Is this your personal view, or is this part of the "idea"?

@Everyone else I have another question. If negotiations were accepted how would they be worked into americas current system? Would congress adopt a plan or would the millitary simply make the rule and stick to it?

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
With Bush, he would make absolutely 100% sure to not let the american public know if he ever did negotiate with terrorist. Especially right now, it'd be so crucial to his familys reputation and his rep on where he stands with terrorist he would never allow that information to be released. I've seen on the news countless times when Iraq has an American prisoner and they repeat it and repeat it "the US has a strict no negotiation policy with terrorists groups." But like I said, Bush wouldn't allow us to know if he was negotiating with terrorists, anythings possible and I definetly wouldn't put anything past our government esp. with Bush in office.

Mar 18, 2003
HERESY said:
Ok, so the only thing that supports non negotiations is the "idea" that one will appear weak and terrorist will use it as a bargaining tool.
This serves as the basis of non-negotiations. I'm sure there are other reasons dealing with superiority and pride.

HERESY said:
Is this your personal view, or is this part of the "idea"?
It is both my personal view and part of the "idea", as you have highlighted. Imagine terrorists threatening this country and getting what they demand, all for what they could do. This would open many doors.

HERESY said:
@Everyone else I have another question. If negotiations were accepted how would they be worked into americas current system? Would congress adopt a plan or would the millitary simply make the rule and stick to it?
It can not be adopted under America's current system/agenda. We bring about to much terrorism to even ponder the thought of negotiating with it.

America must first stop provoking terrorism. This is achieved by America abstaining from terrorizing other countries or groups of people.

The threat would have to be so great that the risk far outweighs our terms of submission.

And again, it would have to be kept behind closed doors.