WRESTLING STORYLINES THAT GO TOO FAR!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 19, 2005
honestly...to me..nuttin...i dont take wrestlin stuff personally...but to other people...prolly the Hassan/Taker angle....the Sgt. Slaughter turncoat angle...oh and the Tatanka/IRS angle with the sacred headdress...i guess that one was pretty bad compared to the previous two to me...***ON A PERSONAL SIDE NOTE...i thought that Hassan shoulve been kept on and the writers fired...also cuz he was one of the best talents to come along, along with shelton benjamin since kurt angle in 2000...

Jan 2, 2004
The Tim White angles are stupid... The Big Show/Bossman angles after Big Show's dad died.. I didn't really find them offensive, I actually found the Big Show/Bossman one kinda funny, but I can see how people find it offensive.

"Hey Big Show, ya mama just said that your a bastard! HAHA!" Or something like that, the delivery on the line was hilarious. But nothing is that offensive, though.

Jan 18, 2006
well i guess obviously if youre talkin ecw the raven sandman feud, with his kid and the crucifiction and all, also the raven/ dreamer feud, with beulah gettin pregnant. to be honest i never really got into the storylines in ecw, it was about the wrestling anyway, so they didnt need to focus on them. i think the tim white suicide things are pretty funny, if thats what youre talkin about.

Feb 5, 2005

I CAN ONLY SAY 1 STORYLINE DAT I'D CONSIDER AZ "GO'N 2 FAR" :

RANDY ORTON/REY MYSTERIO...

IT WOULD B DIFFERENT IF EDDIE GUERRERO DIDNT REALLY DIE, BUT HE DID, SO DAT SHIT WAZ DISRESPECTFUL AN WWE LOST POINTz ON DAT SHIT !!!

ERY OTHA STORYLINE WAZ COO, JUS DUMB !

LIKE MARK HENRYz STORYLINEz ( ALL OF'EM HAVE ALWAYz BEEN SILLY 2 ME )

1. WHEN HE WAZ SUPPOSED 2 B STALK'N CHYNA

2. WHEN HE WAZ SUPPOSED 2 B FUK'N MAE YOUNG

TIM WHITEz SUICIDEz R SILLY 2 ME...

WCW STORYLINEz?

MAYBE DA 1 WHEN BUFF BAGWELL/SCOTT STEINER HAD A FEUD...

WHEN STEINER KEPT CALL'N BUFFz MOMz AN "OLD BAG" AN TAWK'N BOUT HOW HE WAZ BOUT 2 PUT HER IN DA "STEINER RECYCLINER"...

AN HOW ALL WOMEN SHOULD B IN DA KITCHEN...

WCW LOST POINTz ON DAT SHIT CUZ IT MADE BUFF LOOK LIKE A BITCH...

WHO WOULD HONESTLY STAND THERE AN LET SUM FOO TAWK ABOUT YA MOMz LIKE DAT ?

BUT I WOULDNT SAY IT WAZ "GO'N 2 FAR"...

I'D JUS SAY IT WAZ KINDA DUMB 2 GO DAT FAR WIT IT...

AN SCOTT HALL HAVE'N ALCOHOL PROLLEMz ON TV WAZ KINDA STOOPIT 2 !!

- GEEzUz

Feb 23, 2003
YALL MISUNDERSTOOD THE THREAD... WHAT I MEAN IS WHAT STORYLINES IN WRESTLING TURNED PERSONAL TO THE WRESTLERS INVOLVED??? FOR EXAMPLE HOGAN V.S MACHO MAN STARTED OUT IN A STORYLINE MODE BUT THE STORY TURN IN TO A REAL PERSONAL RIVERY BETWEEN THE TWO...

Feb 23, 2003
HERESY said:
IMHO the only storylines that go to far are the ones with homosexuality in them. Everything else is fine by me.
YOU'RE NOT READING THE THREAD RIGHT AT ALL... AGAIN I'M TALKIN ABOUT STORYLINE FUEDS THAT TURN PERSONAL BETWEEN THE WRESTLERS INVOLVED

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Justin said:
YOU'RE NOT READING THE THREAD RIGHT AT ALL... AGAIN I'M TALKIN ABOUT STORYLINE FUEDS THAT TURN PERSONAL BETWEEN THE WRESTLERS INVOLVED
Again, everything else is FINE by me. If they are bashing each others brains out in reality or getting into it (like bret and shawn) I am perfectly content with it.

Edge Vs Matt. This was a real shoot and its obvious they didn't like each other.

Mass Transit and DVON vs The gangstas. Mass transit had his head cut open by one of the gangstas. You should have saw the blood pouring from his head. The blood was gushing out in a similar fashion to a cut aretery. His dead was in the audience saying "don't hit him again" and one of the gangstas hit him again. Mass transit was rushed to the hospital afterwards and he filed a lwsuit against ecw. His case was tossed out and he died soon after (but not from teh wound.)

Sid stabbed arn anderson when they got into it.

Make sure you hit this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoot_(professional_wrestling)

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
In professional wrestling, a shoot refers to any event during a show that is unplanned and spontaneous: that is, it is real, not staged.

As virtually everything in pro wrestling is worked, shoots occur rarely. Shoots go against the nature of the business, similar to an actor ad-libbing or dropping character during a performance. Performers who shoot during a wrestling event are often fired, since they cannot be trusted to act according to the bookers' wishes. While the term technically only applies to wrestling performers, crowds also cause shoots by interfering in events, usually by assaulting a wrestler. For example, if a wrestler was standing at ringside, some of the spectators will throw objects at him/her. A famous example of this involved a fan running in on a ladder match involving the late Eddie Guerrero and Rob Van Dam, knocking Guerrero off the ladder.

Shoots also occur when wrestlers stop co-operating in a match. This may occur to teach the wrestler "a lesson."

Some interviews or promos during wrestling shows are described as being shoot; these are portrayed as being unscripted and genuine, although they rarely are. This is an example of the writers breaking the fourth wall and attempting to court the certain cache of fans who are interested in shoot, and are more accurately described as worked shoot.

A "true" shoot interview is generally conducted and released by someone other than a wrestling promotion, conducted out of character.

Example of spontaneous events that are not shoots include mistakes by wrestlers (these are known as botches, which ECW fans started responding to with ruthless chants of "You fucked up!") or matches where the wrestlers are good enough to not need to plan and rehearse beforehand, and make it up on the spot as time dictates.

The related term "shoot-fighting" is often used by wrestling fans to refer to mixed martial arts competitions, which, while superficially similar to wrestling matches, are actual athletic competition rather than scripted entertainment.

Drawing from this related term, a shooter is not a wrestler with a reputation for being uncooperative but one who uses legitimate hooking skills as a gimmick; an example is Dean Malenko, who used "The Shooter" as a nickname

Examples of shoots
Stanislaus Zbyszko defeated champion Wayne Munn on April 15, 1925 for the world title, when Munn was supposed to retain. A similar situation occurred on March 2, 1936 when Dick Shikat defeated champion Danno O'Mahoney. Apparently the winners felt they deserved the title, and genuinely out-wrestled their opponents.

The MSG Incident (see The Clique).

The Montreal Screwjob is generally acknowledged to be a shoot, in that an agreed-upon plan was secretly changed in order to take the WWF Title off of Bret Hart.

Tiger Mask wrestled Akira Maeda on September 2, 1985. The match was stopped by the referee as both men began beating each other up for real.

On April 27, 1985, newcomers The Road Warriors wrestled veterans Larry Hennig & Jerry Blackwell but refused to sell their moves. Hennig and Blackwell proceeded to beat up the Warriors in the ring as a lesson.

In January 1987, Lex Luger wrestled Bruiser Brody. Luger had angered other wrestlers by leaving to work for a rival promotion. A few minutes into the match, Brody stopped selling Luger's moves. A scared Luger quickly got himself disqualified and left the ring in a hurry, presumably further motivated by the fact that Brody taped up razor blades (commonly used for blading) to his fingertips.

In 1998, Steven Regal was uncooperative during a live match with Goldberg on WCW Monday Nitro, seeking to expose the limited ability of Goldberg, and was dismissed from the company as a result.

Though it wasn't "unplanned", the WWF's Brawl For All tournament in 1998 and 1999 featured genuine fighting, so the match results would not be known by anyone until the end of the match. Although the WWF wanted "Dr. Death" Steve Williams to win the tournament, Bart Gunn beat him in the 2nd round, and would eventually win it all, beating Bradshaw in the finals. Gunn would fight super-heavyweight boxer Butterbean in another shoot Brawl For All match at WrestleMania XV, but he lost quickly.

In 1998 on a live Monday Nitro, the Four Horsemen stable was reunited, with Ric Flair returning to the company. In Flair's in-ring promo, he screamed obscenties at WCW President Eric Bischoff. Flair revealed in 2004 that the promo was "100% shoot."

An apparent shoot was at Bash at the Beach 2000. Hulk Hogan was booked to lose to Jeff Jarrett; however, Hogan refused to lose, using his creative control to alter the outcome of the match. In response Jarrett laid down to throw the match, and Vince Russo fired Hogan live on PPV. However, in 2005, Russo revealed that this situation was actually a worked shoot.

In 2002, Stone Cold Steve Austin admitted that he hated the way the company was going on an episode of Byte This! He said "I'm not happy with the way the whole company is going. The writing has been pretty substandard. I'll go one better than that, it's been piss poor."

In 2004, at a SmackDown! house show, Hardcore Holly was up against René Duprée as part of a tag team match. At one point in the match, Holly was punching Dupree and later hit him in the head with a steel chair as hard as he could. Dupree then ran backstage. It was said that Holly did this because he let Dupree drive his rental car; and while driving it, he got a speeding ticket which he refused to pay for. Holly had to job to someone as punishment. After this incident, Duprée appeared with a black eye.

During the Tough Enough competition in 2004, Kurt Angle and one of the contestants, Daniel Puder (a former mixed martial arts fighter) got in a 42-second shoot fight. During the fight Puder locked Angle in a keylock and almost made Angle tap because his arm was about to break. Angle did have Puder's back on the mat so referee Jim Korderas counted a quick 3 count even though Puder's shoulders weren't officially on the mat. Angle's arm was supposedly numb from his previous match with another Tough Enough contestant and he was said to be furious over what happened. Puder eventually took the lead in the votes after this night and won the competition. No storyline happened after this incident between the two.

On June 12, 2005, at the ECW One Night Stand PPV, Rob Van Dam cut a shoot interview about his dissatisfaction with the direction of his character in WWE. Later in the same show, Paul Heyman cut a shoot interview where he scolded Edge for having an affair with female wrestler Lita, who was at the time the girlfriend of Matt Hardy. In the same interview, Heyman told JBL, "The only reason you were WWE Champion for almost a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" (SmackDown!, the show JBL is a part of, is taped on Tuesdays.) In the brawl at the end of that show, JBL shot on The Blue Meanie, drawing blood with his stiff punches.

Both Team 3D and Christian Cage gave scathing shoot interviews against WWE on-air when each premiered for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. Team 3D gave them the finger and told them to "Trademark This", in reference to their inability to use their previous gimmick because WWE trademarked it. Cage likened WWE to an old, tired promotion, and hinted he was sick of the politics.

At the 1995 Royal Rumble, Bam Bam Bigelow, after losing a tag team match due to his partner's bumbling, noticed retired football player Lawrence Taylor laughing at ringside. Bigelow approached Taylor, to which Taylor stood and offered a handshake. An insulted Bigelow then (in what some suspect was originally a work that got out of hand) shoved Taylor to the floor and walked off, prompting a surprised reaction from the crowd, and the respective anger of Taylor, who was restrained by his colleagues, and Vince McMahon, who, according to co-commentator Jerry Lawler, had left the table in pursuit of Bigelow (explaining the sudden silence during the broadcast). A formal apology was made by McMahon to Taylor the following night on RAW, along with the announcement that Bigelow had received a 30-day suspension. As tempers decreased in the following weeks, the situation was later used as a story line when Taylor agreed to a match with Bigelow at WrestleMania XI, preceded by a moment of humor between the two men in which Taylor, during a quiet handshake, suddenly smooched Bigelow on the cheek at the official contract signing, eliciting laughs from the press.

On the January 6, 2006 edition on SmackDown!, Juventud faced Kid Kash. Juventud (who reportedly had many backstage problems with the WWE) made several high risk moves even though he was ordered by the WWE not to do so. To top things off, he performed the 450 Splash on Kash which is a move that has been banned from the WWE.

Examples of worked shoots
These examples may not be confirmed "worked shoots", but are generally regarded as such, especially by the smark community.

The "Pillman's got a gun" storyline in 1996, in which Brian Pillman pulled a gun on Stone Cold Steve Austin on-camera when Austin "invaded Pillman's home."

Ken Shamrock calling out The Undertaker using his real name, Mark (Calaway), on an episode of Monday Night RAW.

Stephanie McMahon referring to Test by his real name, Andrew (Martin), throughout 1999.

Also on RAW, a mid-2005 storyline in which Lita left her storyline husband Kane for Edge. Subsequently, the previously-fired Matt Hardy began appearing at WWE events, attacking Edge and berating Edge, Lita, and the WWE for the situation. This is generally thought to be an attempt to cash in on a recent real-life affair between Hardy's former girlfriend Amy Dumas (Lita) and Adam Copeland (Edge). Eventually, it was reported that Hardy signed a new contract with WWE just before he started making these appearances, and that WWE planned to run the storyline as a worked shoot. Later, on the August 1, 2005 RAW, WWE owner Vince McMahon came to the ring and officially acknowledged Hardy's return, inviting him to the ring and giving him the microphone. Hardy proceeded to cut a worked shoot promo in which he recounted the affair and referred to Lita and Edge by their real names.

At WCW New Blood Rising (August 13, 2000), Goldberg sandbagged a powerbomb attempt by Kevin Nash during a three-way match also involving Scott Steiner, and pushed him away. The commentators acted like the incident was a shoot, and acted like they were completely unprepared for the match afterwards, while the wrestlers also acted like they were improvising. This led to a storyline in which Nash and Goldberg traded "shoot" promos at each other to build to a later one-on-one match.

A few weeks after ECW One Night Stand, The Blue World Order made a shocking appearance on SmackDown!, highlighted by a vicious and bloody attack on JBL. Stevie Richards hit JBL on the head as hard as he could with a steel chair, opening up a serious and bloody gash on his head in what is called a "receipt" for JBL's earlier assault on The Blue Meanie at the ECW pay-per-view.

On the July 25, 2005 edition of RAW, Shawn Michaels cut an in-ring promo for his upcoming match with Hulk Hogan at SummerSlam. Notably, he finished the promo by telling Hogan "Whatcha gonna do when the Heartbreak Kid, Shawn Michaels, won't lay down for you?" This is not only a play on Hogan's normal "Whatcha gonna do..." catchphrase, but is also a thinly veiled reference to the infamous Fingerpoke of Doom, a 1999 incident in which Kevin Nash blatantly laid down for Hogan in a WCW Championship match. He also made other such comments during the feud.

When Bob Backlund lost the WWF Title to the Iron Sheik in 1983, his manager, Arnold Skaaland, threw in the towel without Backlund's knowledge

Dec 4, 2004
some more off the top of my head:

Rick Rude appeared on both Raw and Nitro on the same night..he appeared on Raw is War as DX's enforcer and had a beard, it was a taped show...then showed up on the live broadcast of Nitro, clean shaven..... this was in 97 Im pretty sure. He was working for WWE without a contract.

Medusa went to WCW and threw the WWF womens title in the trash on live air, WWF didnt ask for the title back so Bischoff came up with that idea.

Ultimate Warrior held up WWF for more money prior to a main event match, so Vince had no choice but to pay him. Hogan asked Vince if he wanted the boys to handle him, but he said no. Warrior was fired after the match.

Oct 21, 2004
Ego Crusher said:
he ate his dog. lol
Nah mayne...that was Al Snow's dog...I did like when Bossman was dragging Show's father's casket up a dirt road with a hearse...Bossman had to drive hella slow cuz it looked Show was supposed to be dragged on top of the casket but Show kept falling all over the place...I was rollin...

Jan 14, 2006
when Kane supposedly kills his brother Undertaker. who the hell kills his brother and then he revives from the dead and still wrestles?