Who here is into turntablism?!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
my roomate just bought some tables and now he cant get me offa em.....but only when im fucked up it seems like.....thizzin its the best shit ever lol

Jan 1, 2006
I was all into turntables like back in Jr High early high school... then the internet came along and that's that

DJ with iPods now
(Plus it's easier keeping a digital library versus cases of records)

Feb 21, 2006
The Visualizer said:
I was all into turntables like back in Jr High early high school... then the internet came along and that's that

DJ with iPods now
the thing with ipods is that u cant change the speeds..so its hard to blend...

Dec 9, 2005
North Vallejo said:
Peep Dj Babu the DJ for Dilated Peoples. This shit is sick. He basically remixes the beat to different tempos and patterns. Straight flips it! Foward to around 1:30..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Kul-y6QgDA

Chyeah, he's actually a part of the Beat Junkies crew from LA as well...

That routine you were referring to is called his 'Blind Alley' routine, its one of the dopest juggles you will ever see. He pretty much created a new beat and all in real time...

I've seen him do this routine live about 3 times...amazing every time...

Dec 9, 2005
The Visualizer said:

DJ with iPods now

DJ's play songs and use CD's and what not. Mostly club, radio, and mobile DJ's use CD's and Ipod mixers...can't really manipulate the sounds like you can with vinyl...and most of them don't try to. Two different worlds really.

Turntablism is done with vinyl and a turntable. Its basically the art of using the table as a musical instrument, whether it be cutting, juggling, or using pitch tones, and a gang of other crazy shit...

May 11, 2002
I used to mess with them back in high school. I have a set now, but never mess with them anymore. Vinyl is too expensive. I have a shit load of vinyl that I have collected over the years. Now I just play vinyl when I am hanging around the house.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i used to be a turntablist...thats how i learned how to produce actually.
i bought my first analog 4-track and all i had was turntables. no drum machine or nothin. i was basically doing every track live and layering them over eachother.

i broke my turntables though on some other shit
so that kinda put me out the game i still got hella weird shit in my crates tho

im about to get them back up...turntablism is kinda a big part on how i make my beats and i really havent been the same musically, since.