Which softsynth is the siccest?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
I know dudes say its all about what you like and personnal preference and all that... but what softsynth is the most versitile as far as diffrent sounds go... and also which one is the most user-friendly?

Aug 12, 2002
I mostly use the easy to use type for most of my day to day synth programming. Model-E is my workhorse (it's a minimoog emulation). If I want some more complex sounds, I use Pro-53 (a prophet-5 emulation). For some unique patches, FM7 (a pain in the ass to program from scratch, but since there are thousands of patches available on the net, I can find what I want). Rhodes - LoungeLizard can't be beat. Unfortunately, I haven't found a good synth with nice filters and a modulation matrix with pitch envelopes. I just recently copped a Reaktor ensemble called daJayDee (a jd800 clone) and it is fat as hell!

The bottom line is, there is a whole lot out there. Make use of it.

-=bumpus=-

May 2, 2002
Bumpus - That DaJayDee patch you said you got for Reaktor... have you ever heard of J-Dilla (Jay Dee) from Slum Village? Does the patch sound anything like some of the stuff he does?

Aug 12, 2002
Bumpus - That DaJayDee patch you said you got for Reaktor... have you ever heard of J-Dilla (Jay Dee) from Slum Village? Does the patch sound anything like some of the stuff he does?
Naw, although JayDee uses a lot of analoge synths, he mostly goes sample based, with some live bass.

The Reaktor ensemble is actually a softsynth emulation of a Roland jd-800. Think Ant Banks... But it is a very versitile, easy to program synth.

-=bumpus=-

Apr 25, 2002
Hey Bumpus thanx for the info....where on the net can I find some of them FM7 patches... I have some extra presets already that I downloaded, but I dont know how to apply them to the program...any advice?