When your trunk rattles as a result of your subs....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2002
Somebody told me about some kind of foam material you can get installed to prevent it from ratteling? Anybody know about this or have tried it? Does it work and is it worth the price?

Daveyboy

Sicc Triple OG
Apr 25, 2002
yeah it works...you can also get some kind of tape shit i heard...i've never used either one...my shit all bolted up...its just sealant

K

KEYSER SOZE

i dont think its new at all but if u r talking about what i think, its called dynamiting (sp) your trunk. im trying to figure out if its worth it too. i heard u can just get insulator from home depot for cheap and rigg it yourself........hopefully more people respond.

Oct 15, 2002
The stuff you should try out is called "dynamat." And the shit is expensive the basic dynamat for your; trunk bottom, side, and top lid will cost about 130.00 plus shipping.

The spray stuff is ok but it wouldnt do a whole lot for the type of vibration your experiancing. What you can do for now is adjust the bumpers so that the trunk is tighter.

Also you could point the subs towards the cabin as opposed to the rear.

Hope that helps late

May 11, 2002
Its called dynamat and there is something else thats Brown I forget what its called but its works. Um I dont know what you were expecting with subs and your trunk rattling. Even if u do get dynamat it will still rattle..

May 12, 2002
GoProGraphics.com
In between my liscence plate and bumper, in between the wires and the metal for my lights (inside the frame), inbetween a place my trunk was accesable to carboard that would stay put with repeated opening and closing.

Apr 25, 2002
hey my brother got dynamat i guess it works cause it obsorbes most of the vibration.

i say i guess cause the trunk does'nt rattle but the speakers hit so hard that the sides of the car vibrate with every boom from the speakers.

the paneling expands and contracts.i mean whut else can you do about that it's no longer just the trunk thats vibrating.

i think it's better than nothing though.

SOLO

Sicc OG
May 23, 2002
The DynaMat helps to a certain extent but it's not perfect. I used to have two Kicker Competition 12"s in a sealed box in a Honda Accord. I laid DynaMat all over the inside of the trunklid by cutting pieces with a utility knife and sticking it on the sheet metal. It didn't make a huge difference, though. Part of the problem with the Honda is the trunk is made from thin metal so it vibrates a lot to begin with. If you guys are trying to cure rattles in cars like that (as opposed to heavier cars like an older Impala, etc.) I personally would save my money and just imagine a gorilla's tryna get up out the trunk.

The other material that people mentioned is the foam/sealant material, but you have to be careful. After you apply it, it expands, and it's also semi-permanent, so make sure you know what you're doing. To my knowledge it does not serve the same function as dynamat. The foam is made to secure your subwoofer enclosure in place in the trunk so it doesn't move around. I have seen & heard this used in free-air enclosures, where my homie had two 15"s mounted to a board, and then sealed the board near the backseat end of the trunk in his Regal. The sealent/foam secured the board and prevented it from rattling back and forth or moving when the subs hit.