what's your fav. southern cd and why?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
subject pretty much says it all..... i'm not really sure if there is a clear cut winner in my book...i guess i can pick about 7 lol

BG--chopper city
the boy was young, but still spit hard on this one. the production was tight, and it was ahead of it's time to me. My fav's on this were doin bad and chopper city

Lil Keke--Don't mess with texas
i had the commission first, but this cd was better to me. I really liked the It was all a dream cd, but this first one was a classic. Production was bangin, top to bottom, and the screw track is major to me. Baller in the mix is still one of my fav. songs.

Lil flip--the leprchaun
he's kinda on a different level to me than the rest comin out of houston. He uses a lot more multi's than the other rappers, and his personality cracks me up. Classic lines on this cd, and it's been gettin steady bump in my car since i got it about 5 months ago. On top of that, all the people featured on the album came tight, and that's kinda rare when you have a lot of features.

Devin--the dude
Classic cd right here. Great, smooth beats, and a new suprising voice with NEW shit to say. Still talkin about pimpin and hood shit, but a different lil twist on it.

juvenile--400 degreez
Totally different flavor, and he took it nationwide. I hated HA the first 100 times i heard it, but once i heard the album, that song became tight to me. The cd was great, front to back, and I had never heard a cash money cd before. The production suprised the hell out of me.

eightball and MJG-- on top of the world
this cd speaks for itself if you know who they are....

master p (if you want to count this as southern)
this is the first cd that turned me on to southern music. This cd wasn't all that great lyrically, but it was explosive! The beats were dope as fuck, and p and no limit just came hard on this one.
had over 10 songs that were slappin really hard! #'s:2,3,4,5,6,8,13,14,15,16, 20.

what are y'alls fav's?

May 4, 2002
Outkast - Southernplayalisticcadillacmusik - One of my tope 5 albums ever. Sick lyrics. Unbelievable production. Meaningful songs. I couldn't say a bad word about this album.

Eightball and MJG - On Top Of The World - This is one of those cds I picked up cause I had seen the ad for it in Rap Pages or some shit, and because E-40, Mac Mall, and Big Mike were featured on it. But when I started listening to it, I was like DAMN! T-Mix's production was about 3 years ahead of it's time. Eightball is one of sickest rappers I've ever heard, and this was my intro to him.

Scarface - It's hard for me to pick one of his solos cause all of them are classic. I think I'd pick the Diary out of all of them though. Can't really say why though. It just stood out a millimeter above the rest.

Kane and Abel - Am I My Brother's Keeper - IMO the best non TRU(meaning TRU cds or C or P's solos) that No Limit ever dropped. Every song on there was tight to me. They were in a zone or something when they dropped that.

UGK - Ridin Dirty - Do I need a reason for liking this? Who's fucking with UGK? Nuff said.

Project Pat - Mista Don't Play - IMO the best beats Paul and J have done, and Pat's best work on the vocals. It just all came together right for this project.

Juvenile - 400 Degrees - The first Cash Money cd I ever bought. I bought it because I had seen the video for Ha, which I hated, but I knew that Juvey had something right. So I picked it up and was blown away by Mannie Fresh's production, and Juvey's style.

That's just off of the top of my head. I have a ton of southern cds that I like.

M-1

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Filthy_Rich said:
f you wanna count it as being southern, Snoop Dogg- Game is to be Sold...
this was one of the worst albums of all time, and i'm not the only person who thinks so...but to each their own...piccin a favorite southern album is like choosin a favorite kid...but if i had to..i'd probably choose Southernplayalistik... or On The Run

Aug 26, 2002
My FAVORITE OF ALL TIME:

Kingpin Skinny Pimp " King of Da PlayazBall"

man, start to ending nothing but the raw beats EVER by DJ Small Arm and Fruity J..........
One Life to Live
Nobody Crosses Me : I live by that motto
Lookin for the Chewin: aww not the theromtor bitch this nine inches
I don;t Love'm: smileing in your face, Trick.........
Yall ain;t Killaz Yall niggaz some hoes....greatest chant song EVER
Don;t Test Me: another personal favorite

Oh so much on herrrrre.......man i blaze a blunt today to this

Feb 8, 2003
8 Ball & MJG : Comin Out Hard
This shit is straght classic from begining to ending.

UGK :The Best Of UGK
All they tight tracks are on this one cd

Z-Ro :Thugged Nigga
Alot of his raw songs are on here and this man spits about real shit.

Soulja Slim : Years Later...A Few Months Later
Been bumping this way before he was killed. This album just shows how tight that man was

Dirty :The pimp & Da Gangsta
This album is the perfect album to turn your system up on roll your tinted windows down half way, lay your seat all the way back with that steering lean and holla at every Dime you see walking down the street.

Project Pat :Mista Don't Play
This album is real crunk and buck and the shit is bumping

Tela :Double Dose
One word for this album ..TIGHT

Scarface :My Homies
You play this when you mad and got some anna to let out.

I have many more favorites but this is what I can think of now!

Aug 31, 2002
www.soundclick.com
UGK-Super Tight
Hawk-Hawk
8Ball MJG-On Top of the World
Devin-the Dude
Scarface-The Diary
Archie Lee-Mista Masta
Goodie Mob-Soul Food
Cee Lo-And His Perfect Imperfections
Grimm-The Brown Recluse

too many more to name

jyeaya

Sep 11, 2002
Skinny Pimp "King of da playazball"
Z-Ro "Look what u did to me"
3-6 "mystic style"
UGK "Super Tight"
OutKast "Southernplaya..."
C-Loc " Whatever"
Crime Boss "All in the game"
Manson Fam "Heltah Skeltah"
Tommy Wright III "On the Run"

May 11, 2002
Three Six Mafia "The End"
Their Tighest CD, Classic material begining to end.

Scarface "The Diary"
Begining to end....this has to be the tighest Cd to ever come out of The South.

Goodie Mob "Soul Food"
Soul Food.....need I say more.

C-Murder "Life Or Death"
The tighest Solo CD to drop from the NL Label.

Three Six Mafia "Underground Vol.1"
Classic 3-6 Production.......Vol.2 falls right behind this CD. I just like the rough beats and raw underground lyrics.

TRU "Tru 2 Da Game"
Damn......I'm sorry if you hate Master P, but you have to give him credit because in 1997 he droped this classic w/C-Murder & Silk. It includes the classic tracls "Swamp Nigga" & "Gangstas Make The World Go Round".

OutKast "Aquemini"
This is the best & only Outkast CD to own. It knocks from start to finish.

May 11, 2002
Shit....I forgot 1 CD

Pistol "Hittin Like A Bullet"
The first nation wide release of pistol, a classic. It has the raw underground sound and those laid back southern beats. Also, Pistol's "Money & The Power" is another bangin CD.

Aug 25, 2003
Three Six- Mystic Styles, The End, Body Parts, Underground 1 an 2.
Koopsta Knicca-Devils Playground
Skinny Pimp-Skinny But Dangerous
Mystikal- Mind Of Mystikal
UGK- Too hard to swallow
Master P-Ice Cream Man
Silk- The Shocker

Epidemic