WHAT WOULD YOU DO HOMIEZ???????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 12, 2002
Homiez_____?????
I bought a VS880--first edition w/ no zip drive 3 years ago. We got it without a Manual. so we pretty much record dry and with no pre amps on the mic. It is alright sounding, but could get better. Sounds hollow and dont push speakers the way it's supposed to. How do i get the thickness and right sound. examples and insight.

I live on a Indian reservation so a ProStudio is kind of out of the question. Is there anykind of short Kut to having an independent Release.

Plus+ --does anyone know how to virtual track so wecan go to 64 tracks instead of 8----

cuz thats what we basically have, is a 8 track demo......

S

Sicx is My Hero

I live on a Indian reservation so a ProStudio is kind of out of the question. Is there anykind of short Kut to having an independent Release.
hhow's about you get a job

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Homiez_____?????
I bought a VS880--first edition w/ no zip drive 3 years ago. We got it without a Manual.
www.vsplanet.com
so we pretty much record dry and with no pre amps on the mic. It is alright sounding, but could get better.
do you have any examples?
Sounds hollow and dont push speakers the way it's supposed to.
i bet your PEAK meter is set at -6db. the machine has -6db -3db or CLIP (the 880ex has this feature so im assuming yours does). if your machine has this feature select CLIP. www.vsplanet.com
How do i get the thickness and right sound. examples and insight.
im not sure what you mean by thickness and right sound. check your PM BOX for my examples and insight.
?
Plus+ --does anyone know how to virtual track so we can go to 64 tracks instead of 8----
ok peep this. with v tracks its sort of like a deck of cards. you have 8 cards FACE UP in front of you. under EACH of these cards are 7 cards FACE DOWN. a face up card would mean something is RECORDED. a face down card means the track is availiable for recording on. you can ONLY play back 8 tracks at a time......unless you BOUNCE. its EZ for you to mix all of these(64 tracks) if you record them to the vs and dump them to a computer. do you know how 2 select the v tracks?

:h:

ps i have no experience with the model you have but i own an 880ex and i have played with the bigger models. check your private message box.

Sep 12, 2002
Thanx homiez!!!!!

So i can only playback 8 trackz at a time. I only can Dump 64 tracks. Our beats that we made knock on our monitors. But when we get a mix runnin', I can never get the mix the way it sounds through the monitors. Either the lyrics sound too low and beat to high or vice a versa.

I have a friend that has protools. Do I get midi cables and sync them to the computer and play track by track--recording each track solo?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
So i can only playback 8 trackz at a time. I only can Dump 64 tracks.
correct but if you bounce you will be able to hear it all..BUT......your mix needs to be good because if its off in the bounce (meaning something is too low or too loud) you will have to bounce it again. heres an example.

say you multitracked your drums. your lay out looks like this.

trk 1 hi hat
trk 2 snare
trk 3 kick drum
trk 4 percussion
trk 5 ride
trk 6 crash

you used 6 tracks and you have 2 more left that will be audible when you play back. what you can do is BOUNCE (pre mix down) the drums to trk 7 and 8. once you do that all your drums will be on 7+8. what you do after that is SWITCH tracks and select the tracks UNDER the 6 tracks you previously recorded. so now you STILL have the ORIGINAL drums but you cant hear them. that leaves tracks 1-6 open for recording again.
Our beats that we made knock on our monitors.
can i hear a sample?
But when we get a mix runnin', I can never get the mix the way it sounds through the monitors. Either the lyrics sound too low and beat to high or vice a versa.
make 4 or 5 different mixes. cd's are CHEAP now. it wont be a pain in your pocket to make five mixes,put it on a cd and a-b test it everywhere you can.
I have a friend that has protools. Do I get midi cables and sync them to the computer and play track by track--recording each track solo?
yes. depending on your set up (and his) you may not need to track TO the vs. maybe all you need is to pass your audio THROUGH it. or you maybe able to track directly to pro tools WITHOUT the vs (depending on how your sound mod/keyboard syncs up).

:H: