What makes a whole album tight?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
facebook.com
Right now i'm workin on my full album "Leap Of Faith" i'm working with different producers and rappers from all over the states... I wanna try 2 have different peeps feel it... I'm not a gangster rapper but I do want my album 2 have something 4 everyone... so in your opinion..what makes a hit album? Is it the beats? The rhymes? Features? all? Let me know...

-T.A.

G

GANGSTAEIGHT

all of that shit

but beats are always #1 for me. I can listen to a wack rapper with dope beats i.e. Group Home "Livin Proof", but it's much harder to listen to a dope rapper with wack beats. i.e. Canibus "Can-I-Bus"

Apr 25, 2002
I agree with GANGSTAEIGHT. If ain't feelin the beat, the song is gettin' skipped even if the dude comes tight on the lyrics. The beats make or break an album for me. Lyrics are usually the same anyway as far as content goes. The only difference to me is the delivery and the way they spit. Sometimes, a good voice helps too. Just my 2 cents...

Apr 25, 2002
www.velvetmusic.tk
like GANGSTAEIGHT said the beats are THE most important thing also your delivery has to have something special so people will recognize you something that's important for me personaly is a good soul & r&b sounding hook maybe some funny lyrics/songs cause I can't relate to that gang stuff and maybe try some sensitive songs but ofcourse also the rougher shit try to make a good mixture ...

Apr 25, 2002
facebook.com
Baby Nicky said:
maybe try some sensitive songs but ofcourse also the rougher shit try to make a good mixture ...
Thats how the album is startin off.....I got some songs that are personal 2 me..and some shit that is'nt gangster rap but i'm pretty sure people who listen 2 gangster rap will feel what i'm talkin about...

eMDe

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
#1 BEATS/MUSIC
#2 DELIVERY FROM THE ARTIST
#3 LYRICAL CONTENT
#4 QUALITY OF THE ALBUM
#5 PERSONAL CONNECTION WITH THE ARTIST
THOSE ARE THA 5 MOST IMPORTANT ASPECTS

Apr 25, 2002
GANGSTAEIGHT said:
all of that shit

but beats are always #1 for me. I can listen to a wack rapper with dope beats i.e. Group Home "Livin Proof", but it's much harder to listen to a dope rapper with wack beats. i.e. Canibus "Can-I-Bus"
haha. this fool used "i.e." in a post. damn we got some intellectuals on B.A.R.T.

G

GANGSTAEIGHT

Mezzano said:

haha. this fool used "i.e." in a post. damn we got some intellectuals on B.A.R.T.
what does i.e. mean anyway?? :confused: :confused:

heheh if you highlight these little smileys, they become chinese. oh coy!

May 9, 2002
AlBUM Criteria:
Realness: Dont talk about something just to be talkin,know the subjects u speakin on

Versatility:express different emotions on yo LP

Dont Bite Nobody's style (Shit gets tiresome)

BEATS TO BUMP IN THE RIDE!!!