What games have you installed to HD (XBOX)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
I have yet to have a desire to install a game to my h/d, but I know some of you have. What's the purpose of it? I have the 120h/d...but it only has game saves on it.

Dec 4, 2004
I'm still on my original 360 with no HDMI port and 20GB hard drive. The purpose is there are games you can't buy on disc that are for sale to download to your HD.

I have:

Shadow Complex
Turtles in Time Reshelled
GTA Ballad of Gay Tony
GTA Lost and the Damned

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
I'm still on my original 360 with no HDMI port and 20GB hard drive. The purpose is there are games you can't buy on disc that are for sale to download to your HD.

I have:

Shadow Complex
Turtles in Time Reshelled
GTA Ballad of Gay Tony
GTA Lost and the Damned
Oh yea...Im talking installing to H/D from disc..not the XBL stuff

Dec 4, 2004
Oh i didn't even know you could do that. I thought it was PS3 only and it speeds up load times. I'm guessing it does the same on the 360?

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I installed GTA IV to HD when I got the console......I did tekken too.....it's supposed to decrease load times, but I dunno......you still have to have the disc in order to play

Toro

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2006
www.myspace.com
Even when you install the game to your HD, you still need your game disc to play it. It's to prevent people from just installing friends games to their HDs and not paying for the discs I guess. I only install the latest game I'm playing. It's "supposed" help it play faster and it makes faster load screens, stuff like that. The only diff I notice is that it makes my system quieter.

Mar 13, 2003
only game i've ever installed was resident evil 5 and after a while it wouldnt work without the disk in for some reason so i uninstalled it.....

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
i do it just to take stress of my disc drive (my friend just had his take a shit), also makes it quieter, and for faster load times. i dont see why you wouldnt do it, there is no downside, makes everything run that much smoother.

i usually just load up the 4 or 5 games i am playing the most. than as i stop playing them i take them off

Nov 14, 2002
Essentially what I've read is that it's a feature that hasn't really been implemented by developers yet, but in the future can increase load times, allow for better online connections, etc. It also reduces the amount of wear and tear on the actual hardware since it's reading from memory and not spinning a disc every 5 seconds.
only game i've ever installed was resident evil 5 and after a while it wouldnt work without the disk in for some reason so i uninstalled it.....
You can't play the games without the disc just because it's installed onto the hd.