What difficulty do you play? Easy,Default,Hard,Extreme?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 1, 2003
I always see folks talkin bout they beat a game in about 6-8 hours. For me? I'm playing on the most difficult settings as possible. If I spend $60 on a game. I damn sure better get my money's worth. I just don't want to breeze through some shit for the sake of beating it and then talk about how easy it was to complete. For the most part, I've been playing video games for damn near 30 years. I figure even the youngsters playing today are experienced gamers. So why cheat yourself out of money on "Easy Mode" when you know your going to breeze through it. Another thing that comes to mind is...when exactly do you consider a game complete. Now, this is directed more towards new consoles that give achievement points or some type of experience reward for accomplishing specific goals. You can complete most main game missions and finish a story without getting all the gamer points. If I don't get all the gamer points...I'm not done with the game....period. Opinions?

Dec 7, 2005
I PLAY ON THE HARDEST DIFFICULTLY SETTING I CAN PUT IT ON AT THE START OF THE GAME AND I CONSIDER A GAME COMPLETE WHEN I BEAT THE GAME I DONT CARE ABOUT ACHIEVMENT POINTS CUZ THEY REALLY AINT SHIT I DONT GET ANYTHING OUT OF THEM AND I CANT TRADE THEM FOR MICROSOFT POINTS AND MOST GAMES HAVE LIKE 95 ONLINE ACHIEVEMNTS AND LIKE FIVE SINGLE PLAYER ACHIEVEMNTS AND I AINT REALLY INTO ONLINE PLAY IT GETS BORING FAST

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
i always start on whatever is one step above default...so lets say "hard" for the sake of this thread. then end up going through the game later on the highest difficulty

and a game is done to me when i am bored with it...simple as that,could care less about achievements and bullshit like that. if i'm not having fun,i'm not going to play regardless of where i am in the game. could be halfway through the game or after the 45th time i have beat it,whatever

Jan 9, 2004
I do default or hard and spend as much time as I can before looking up the cheat code, Even after I beat the game, I'll go back and start over without cheats until I get bored and move on. If I paid $60 for the game I dont want to breeze through it and put it back on the shelf either.

Apr 8, 2005
i usually play on either medium or easy, imo, i like to be able to beat a game then play it again and get a challenge the second time, so yea. i play on an easy difficulty, and when i bump that shit up, i still have trouble just like the first time through, it enhances the re playability to me

Apr 25, 2002
rapdiscographies.cjb.net
i usually juss play things on normal/default.. but depending on the game i might play hard - but usually only after i've played normal, maybe if some bonus shit is involved... or ahievements lol.. they aint shit but i juss feel like i gotta get em!