Vikings at Saints 9/9/10 Opening Gameday thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
now I'm kind of upset that I won't be around a TV to watch the saints beat the 9ers. I mean wow, there is not one 9er on this board who thinks the saints have a chance of beating them. this post will be countered with something along the lines of "the raiders suck", but lets honestly look at this; with the exception of Gore & Patrick Willis there is nothing intimidating about the 9ers, but the Saints can score on both sides of the ball and the special people. there are not too many teams that have a realistic chance of beating the saints, the vikings were one of them and we saw what happened with that.

how I see it:

Sept. 9 MINNESOTA VIKINGS (Thursday) 7:30 pm NBC Won
Sept. 20 at San Francisco 49ers (Monday) 7:30 pm ESPN W
Sept. 26 ATLANTA FALCONS Noon FOX could be close
Oct. 3 CAROLINA PANTHERS Noon FOX W
Oct. 10 at Arizona Cardinals 3:05 pm FOX W
Oct. 17 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers Noon FOX W
Oct. 24 CLEVELAND BROWNS Noon CBS W
Oct. 31 PITTSBURGH STEELERS 7:20 pm NBC is ben back? if not W if yes could be close
Nov. 7 at Carolina Panthers Noon FOX W
Nov. 14 BYE
Nov. 21 SEATTLE Noon FOX W
Nov. 25 at Dallas Cowboys (Thursday) 3:00 pm FOX could beat them
Dec. 5 at Cincinnati Bengals Noon FOX could beat them
Dec. 12 ST. LOUIS RAMS Noon FOX W
Dec. 19 at Baltimore Ravens Noon FOX could beat them and probably will
Dec. 27 at Atlanta Falcons (Monday) 7:30 pm ESPN will be close
Jan. 2 TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS Noon FOX W

ATL, Baltimore, Dallas, and Cincy are who they have to worry about....that and the health of Drew Brees....and I just realized the SF game is on a monday, I'll be able to watch if I can find a good stream that isn't blocked at work

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Vernon Davis is more intimidating than Gore and is the key to the Niners offense. They're going to beat the Saints if they beat Seattle and get out of there healthy.

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
now I'm kind of upset that I won't be around a TV to watch the saints beat the 9ers. I mean wow, there is not one 9er on this board who thinks the saints have a chance of beating them. this post will be countered with something along the lines of "the raiders suck", but lets honestly look at this; with the exception of Gore & Patrick Willis there is nothing intimidating about the 9ers, but the Saints can score on both sides of the ball and the special people. there are not too many teams that have a realistic chance of beating the saints, the vikings were one of them and we saw what happened with that.
And who did you vote for last year for the in the 9ers/Vikings game? Yes I searched back and you obviously voted Vikings. Cmon now the 9ers had that game had it not been for Favre's miracle pass, even without Gore 99.9% of that game.

Are you shitting me? No other intimidating players besides Gore and Willis? Have you not heard of Vernon Davis? Aubrayo Franklin? Dashon Goldson?

Of course you don't know shit about the 9ers cuz your a Raiders fan. But on a more serious note the 9ers are the underdog against the Saints but the defense will be attacking.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I don't claim to know shit about the 9ers, I don't follow them, but I'm a football fan and I live in the bay area, of course I'm gonna see more 9ers football games/news than any other team in the NFL besides the Raiders because I actively seek that out. Vernon Davis needs someone to throw to him to be a threat, and last year was his first year that he wasn't injured. Of course I had picked the Vikings last year, I would've picked them over the 9ers or Raiders any of the last 7 years because NEITHER OF OUR TEAMS HAS HAD A WINNING RECORD DURING THAT TIME. Last year is the year y'all finally made .500 and y'all are acting like you guys will be a threat in the post season and are gonna beat superbowl caliber teams easily. I along with many people expected more from the vikings last year against the 9ers, I was amazed at the results until the end. it wasn't just a miracle pass, if your team had the vikings beat they would've stopped that pass point blank. you are in for a wake up call come next monday.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
going for that field goal was the difference last year, should of been aggressive and went for it on 4th, eat up the clock and try get TD

it was 4th and short anyway and the FG didnt even end up being worth a shit anyway cause favre was always going to get a TD, we should of had a 2 score lead...anyway...

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Vernon Davis needs someone to throw to him to be a threat, and last year was his first year that he wasn't injured.
He tied the record for most TDs by a TE with 13, even with Alex Smith playing 10 1/2 games last year.

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
And it's been a long ass time since an offensive coordinator has stayed on for more than a season, and Crabtree should hopefully continue to improve where he left off last season. Noone here is saying the 9ers are going to beat top tier teams easily. We just sayin that the 9ers should improve on last season and the NFC West has never been as weak until now.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
but you're arguing that your team is better than the top 2 nfc teams, the saints & vikes. c'mon now. the 9ers improved VASTLY last year, and should continue to do so this year, but y'all are nowhere near the level those 2 teams are at.

How I see it:

1 Sun, Sep 12th, 2010 at Seattle 04:15 PM Qwest Field W
2 Mon, Sep 20th, 2010 New_Orleans 08:30 PM Candlestick Park L
3 Sun, Sep 26th, 2010 at Kansas_City 01:00 PM Arrowhead Stadium W
4 Sun, Oct 3rd, 2010 at Atlanta 01:00 PM Georgia Dome L
5 Sun, Oct 10th, 2010 Philadelphia 08:20 PM Candlestick Park L
6 Sun, Oct 17th, 2010 Oakland 04:05 PM Candlestick Park I'm not even gonna call this game, I'd rather see the shit happen
7 Sun, Oct 24th, 2010 at Carolina 01:00 PM Bank of America Stadium W
8 Sun, Oct 31st, 2010 Denver 01:00 PM Wembley Stadium - London, Engl a bloody Win, chap
9 Bye LOSS!!!!! lol
10 Sun, Nov 14th, 2010 St._Louis 04:15 PM Candlestick Park W
11 Sun, Nov 21st, 2010 Tampa_Bay 04:05 PM Candlestick Park L
12 Mon, Nov 29th, 2010 at Arizona 08:30 PM University of Phoenix Stadium L
13 Sun, Dec 5th, 2010 at Green_Bay 01:00 PM Lambeau Field L
14 Sun, Dec 12th, 2010 Seattle 04:05 PM Candlestick Park W
15 Thu, Dec 16th, 2010 at San_Diego 08:20 PM Qualcomm Stadium L
16 Sun, Dec 26th, 2010 at St._Louis 01:00 PM Edward Jones Dome W
17 Sun, Jan 2nd, 2011 Arizona 04:15 PM Candlestick Park W

I think you split with Arizona, sweep the rest and take the division at 8-8, that is unless Arizona actually competes behind Anderson....Arizona & the Lambs ? marks at QB are the difference makers in this division, although I don't think any rookie QB can make STL look halfway decent right now. if y'all find a solution with Alex Smith (meaning his consistency with just the shotgun/the spread) then y'all can start looking for bigger and better things. I think right now y'all gotta keep your fingers crossed for an above .500 record and the possibility of wining your division, not beating the superbowl champs and proving how much more awesome your team is compared to the 2nd best nfc team.

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
but you're arguing that your team is better than the top 2 nfc teams, the saints & vikes. c'mon now. the 9ers improved VASTLY last year, and should continue to do so this year, but y'all are nowhere near the level those 2 teams are at.
Who the fuck is arguing that the 9ers are better than the Saints/Vikings? Get your facts straight.