TRUTH HURTZ QUESTION?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 14, 2002
I WAS READING THE SOURCE MAG (WITH TRINA ON THE COVER) AND IT SAYS TRUTH HURTZ WAS MARRIED TO A MEMBER OF THE BAD BOY FAMILY TILL RECENTLY WHEN SHE AND HIM GOT DIVORCED.THE MAG NEVER SAID WHO SHE EXACTLY WAS MARRIED TO.ANY INFO ON THIS?????RIKLOKO

Apr 25, 2002
Well since this thread is here let me ask my truth hurts question. On the first single, the one with Rakim, what the hell is that indian lady singing in the background. Can i get a translater. The shit sounds crazy but what the fuck is she saying.

:dead:

O

olskooldj

addicted song

the bassline and drums are from BT EXPRESS -"DO IT TILL YOUR SATISFIED" classic old school funk from the early 70's. the woman's voice is the late Ofra Haza -an Arabic woman who was first heard on a classic Rakim track "paid in full" remix.

STAR RECORDS

Apr 25, 2002
Re: addicted song

olskooldj said:
the bassline and drums are from BT EXPRESS -"DO IT TILL YOUR SATISFIED" classic old school funk from the early 70's. the woman's voice is the late Ofra Haza -an Arabic woman who was first heard on a classic Rakim track "paid in full" remix.
I didn't hear any elements of 'Do It Til Your Satisifed' in Addictive. The bassline is definately not the same. Where did you get that info?

O

olskooldj

truth

oh excuse me it was after getting hpme when i posted this. the drum line is from BT EXPRESS "DO IT TILL YOUR SATIFIED", how i know this is , I own the record , and played it in clubs for many years, not only when it was current but since. I happen to be over 50 years old so i can assure you i have heard, played and owned more music in my lifetime then you have yet gotten to hear. plus in my conversation yesterday in my store with Truth Hurts she confirmed along with the labe reps that were present. in my mind i can hear the bassline as well . that comes from 20 years of djing.

STAR RECORDS

Apr 26, 2002
I HEARD DJ QUIK WAS ARGUING WITH HIS BM AND HE TURNED THE MUSIC STATION ON AND THE INDIA RADIO STATION CAME UP AND HE HEARD THAT SONG OR SOMETHING LIKE IT BEFORE THEY TWEEKED IT UP AND HE WAS LIKE THIS IS A TIGHT BEAT

Apr 25, 2002
@olskool. Thanks for the history lesson. THis man knows his music people. Truth Hurts came to your store yesterday? You gots to let the public know about shit like that.

@Shea. Thanks for the translation.

:dead:

Apr 25, 2002
I'm usually pretty sharp when it comes to identifying samples too. I'm not 50 but I'm not a youngster either. I would have to hear the basslines next to each other to believe it. Is it supposed to be the same or just kinda similar?

Now that I think about it, the drums are used. Or more noticably, the toms.

Whatever the case may be, the Truth Hurts song is filthy and I can't wait to hear the entire album.