top 5 reasons

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 16, 2003
google.com
Solid tracks
Clean production that sounds good in the car

I've never purchased an album based on features, I don't know why people get so caught up in track lists.

Nice visuals just round out the package but are not super important to me.

Nov 2, 2002
if it sounds like an "album", ill buy it.

If it sounds like a compilation (bunch of random "slaps" from 10 different producers) i wont buy it

Jul 20, 2010
if it sounds like an "album", ill buy it.

If it sounds like a compilation (bunch of random "slaps" from 10 different producers) i wont buy it

very well put and alot of rappers dont know how to make an actual album an thats were the line between a rapper an artist is drawn

May 3, 2005
Bacc in SJ
I like ARTWORK of course.
FEATURES should be limited and should vary from genre, rappers/singers, region, affiliation, rookie/well established.
I like to buy from artists who appreciate support and aren't cocky or dicks when you try to have a conversation with them whether in person or online.
I wont pay more than a dollar per track on a CD so it better be more tracks than the dollar price for the album.
Definitely releasing videos, or snippets is what drives me 2 buy a cd. I've took risks and bought cd's that i honestly regret buying, because i didn't preview and i was bamboozled because the cover was tight as fuck, but tracks were Garbage

Sep 2, 2008
1.Orginality - i don't listen to rapper's who sound like everybody else
2.good beats that knock hard
3.rapping about real shit
3.good chorus or hook that's not corny and doesn't sound like a 12 yr old came up with it
5.good story telling ability skills

shit that doesn't matter
features - if the artist is good enough he don't need features to save the track
number of songs - they don't really matter to me i would rather have a album with 10 tracks that all bang then a 20 disc of bullshit that makes u skip every other track

Jul 5, 2010
ARTWORK, even tho many say, "don't judge a book by its cover" damn near everyone picks up a cd with a clean cover. Nobody is attracted to a cd with shitty ass graphics, which the artist should of invested more in. Other than that, the basics what everyone else said.