THEY WANNA KILL INTERNET RADIO, WE NEED YOUR HELP YALL...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 26, 2006
WWW.DAGOSD.COM
THEY ARE TRYING TO PASS A LAW WHERE THEY ARE TRYIN TO RAISE THE PRICE ON BROADCASTING AN INTERNET RADIO STATION BY 300 TO 1500%, WHICH MEANS IF ITS NOW COSTING DAGO SD 100 DOLLERS A MONTH TO BROADCAST THEIR STATION WWW.DAGOSD.COM THAT WOULD GO UP TO $30,000 TO $150,000 A MONTH TO BROADCAST. WHICH IN TURN WOULD SHUT 99% OF ALL THE INTERNET RADIO STATIONS DOWN. WE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO AFFORD THAT, WHICH ONLY LEAVE IT OPEN TO BIG COMPANYS LIKE CLEAR CHANNEL TO DO THERE THING. THAT WOULD CLOSE SO MANY DOORS AND SO MANY EARS TO ALL INDI ARTIST OF ALL MUSIC. NOT JUST FOR RAP, BUT ALL MUSIC. THATS WHY WE NEED TO VOICE OUR OPINION. SO PLEASE IF YALL CARE ANY THING ABOUT THE UNDERGROUND YOU'LL WRITE OR EMAIL THE SENATOR. YOU CAN GO TO THIS SITE TO LEARN MORE AND GET INFORMED

http://www.savenetradio.org/act_now/index.html

As an artist who has gained exposure through creating DagoSD.com Internet radio, I was alarmed to learn that sound recording royalty rates were recently increased – by 300 to 1200 percent – by the Copyright Royalty Board (CRB). For most webcasters the new royalty will exceed their revenue. They will go bankrupt and silent.

As a creator I value my own music and others' music, and royalties are important. But Internet radio is the smallest, newest form of radio and its programming is the most diverse of all – so why should Internet radio pay the highest royalties?

Internet radio offers independent artists the opportunity to find an audience. Musicians who love and play so many music genres can have our music heard and enjoyed through the magic of Internet radio.

I respectfully request that Congress take action to prevent the death of Internet radio. Time is of the essence – as the CRB rates are retroactive to January 1, 2006 this decision could bankrupt many Internet radio services immediately, even if it is effective for only one day.

HERES THE INFO FOR SENATOR DIANNE FEINSTEIN
CALL HERE, EMAIL HER JUST BLOW THIS ISSUE UP YALL.
Internet radio needs your help! H.R. 2060, The Internet Radio Equality Act was introduced by Representatives Jay Inslee (D-WA) and Donald Manzullo (R-IL ) to save the Internet radio industry. Please call your congressperson to ask them to co-sponsor H.R. 2060

Web Site: feinstein.senate.gov

Washington Office:
331 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510-0504
Phone: (202) 224-3841
Fax: (202) 228-3954

Main District Office:
One Post St.
San Francisco, CA 94104
Phone: (415) 393-0707
Fax: (415) 393-0710
(more district offices)

***DONT LET THEM PASS THIS DUMB LAW. COME ON EVERYONE JUST WRITE A LITTLE LETTER SAYING THAT THEY SHOULDN'T PASS THE LAW TO DIANE FIENSTEIN... IT DOESN'T TAKE LONG AND IT WILL BE FOR A GOOD CAUSE. INTERNET RADIO HELPS THE LOCAL ARTIST GET HEARD AROUND TOWN AND ITS NOT HURTING ANYONE SO I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY WANT TO PASS A LAW.... WE NEED YOUR HELP. ***
:siccness: :siccness: :siccness: :siccness: :siccness: :siccness:

Oct 26, 2006
WWW.DAGOSD.COM
BrainFactory said:
that is some bullshit, i hope they dont pass this bill, so much promotion is done through the internet
THAT WHY I NEED YALL TO EMAIL OR WRITE YOUR SENATOR AND TELL THEM TO SUPPORT H.R. 2060, The Internet Radio Equality Act was introduced by Representatives Jay Inslee (D-WA) and Donald Manzullo (R-IL ) to save the Internet radio industry. THANX FOR THE SUPPORT.:siccness: :siccness: :siccness:

GO TO LINK BELOW TO GET MORE INFO.

http://www.savenetradio.org/act_now/index.html

Oct 26, 2006
WWW.DAGOSD.COM
thizzface420 said:
DAMN THAT SHITS $HADY.. THEY MEAN EVEN RADIO STATION LIKE 94.9 OR KMEL THAT ALSO $TREAM ONLINE ?
NO JUST INTERNET RADIO STATIONS. KMEL AND 94.9 ARE MOST LIKELY TO BE OWNED BY CLEAR CHANNEL OR SOME OTHER MULTI MILLION DOLLAR COMPANY THAT CAN AFFORD THE JACK UP.:siccness: :siccness: :siccness: