the state of rap...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 4, 2006
Is it just me or does seem like every rapper that gets any type of air play or media recognition is garbage.the direction of rap is a sad one it seems like every song on the radio is a club song or shake your ass song. i cant stand that shit plus 99 percent of these dudes dont rap about nothin how many times can people rap about the same shit like bling,cars,tits n ass. it seems like theres only a handful of rappers thats even worth spending your money on.only artists cd's ill buy is 1.x raided 2.immortal technique 3.ambassador 4.of course tupac. maybe its just me but if theres other people who spit like these cats let me know................minnesota showin x loc luv

D

Defiant2Silence

Yea I what u mean man. The "mtv and bet" industry only want artist who are raped of everything and told to do some 12 yr old poppy music. But ey man thats what the majority wants to hear so blame the ppl.

Mar 13, 2005
Homie thats the way it is. The facts are is that most rap music is just filler music. Im seein some of the bay (in my opinion) are starting to sound east coast to me. We need to have that westcoast sound that makes us stand out. Like $hort said in 1988, " we dont talk like that out here". We need to do our thing and talk about true shit. Most people couldnt handle "real" rap music that has a "real" message. X-Raided has always hit home on so many levels. He is the only artist that I look forward to. Its kind of sad but most everybody are dick riders tryin to sound like the next man. All that does it floods the market with copycats then people will always want to here somthin fresh. Then the cycle starts all over again. So I suggest that if your a rapper, stay with your style and dont change it for nothin, cuz one day it will be noticed.

Apr 4, 2006
thats why i anticipate x-loc's release i believe his story of rising up against all odds will make the rap game take notice and hopefully from that xposure will bring about a change in rap.lyrically x would shut the industry down i dont think the world would know what hit em.if the future is what they play on t.v. fucc it ill just bump my shit