The Nets will do anything for you to come to their games

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2004

The New Jersey Nets are struggling. They have the league's worst record at 6-53. Because of that, they're last in attendance.

To combat this they've tried a few bizarre promotions over the years. First, they gave away tickets to unemployed workers, and also gave them career advice. Then, if you bought a 10-game ticket plan you got a jersey that featured not just a Net, but also an opposing player.

This Friday, the Nets will unleash another in their long line of minor league-esque promos:

Their latest promotion will be unveiled Friday, when the Nets play the Orlando Magic. New Jersey residents 18 or older who attend the game will get a coupon that they can redeem at a Roni Deutch Tax Center to get their state income tax done free.

No one likes doing their taxes, but is it worth having to go to a Nets game? At just a $29 value, I'm not so sure.

But you have to admire the gumption of Roni Deutch, the eponymous tax attorney offering the promotion. She says, "The hallmark of a strong company is one that aligns with young companies. I'm a betting woman, and I think the Nets are going to win a championship this decade."

Probably not, but she's not the first to make such a proclamation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...nything-for-you-to-come-to-the?urn=nba,225353

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
They had a bad snow storm that day someone said.....Everytime I see Net highlights its never this bad......Propoganda at its finest......

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
last in attendance is an actual stat not propoganda.
http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance
But its not that bad man...thats only about 1000 people in their....They are avergeing a little over 12k per game...Thats a team thats 6 - 54.....The Grizzlies only avereging a little over 13k and they have a watchable team....Might not be doing so hot but they got some talent in memphis