Tech N9ne's top 5 underrated rappers (+ Pharoahe Monch collabo?!?)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
http://www.redbullusa.com/cs/Satellite/en_US/Article/top5-most-underrated-rappers-021243029704582

Interesting in and of itself, but this part about Pharoahe Monch caught my eye most...

"I tried to get him on my new “All 6’s And 7’s” album, but time didn’t permit. I tried to get him to do ‘This Is Hip-Hop,’ with me and Lynch. I talked to him on the phone and everything. I want to work with cats that people should hear more of. He puts thought into his lyrics and I love that."

My top two favorite solo rappers of all time on one track = FIYA!

that is all.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
His list is on point. I would put Canibus close to the top though, but we all have our own personal opinion. Chino and Crooked I are two of my favorites, and Pharoahe Monch is highly underrated.

Apr 2, 2010
Pharaohe Monch is "underrated" and not well known because his stupid ass only puts 1 album out every 5 years and doesn't cater to his decent sized, loyal fanbase including myself..

Dunno how KGR is on there either, and Roz is right Can-I-Bus should be on there if hes talking about lyricists but I wouldn't expect him to understand that guy..

Nov 6, 2005
I saw that as well. And Tech was recently on that Canibus and Keith Murray record. Doesnt necessarily mean he keeps up with dudes career, but I'd bet hes aware of him and as you put it "understands" it.

Apr 2, 2010
Well I'm very impressed you follow the latest happenings of redbullusa's music & entertainment section, seriously, kudos all around.

Those battles can't be that great if dirtbag dan of all people won their latest one.

http://www.redbullusa.com/cs/Satellite/en_US/Article/red-bull-emsee-los-angeles-2011-021243031726530
haha, I don't keep up or follow it but props on the link though. Last year Eminem put the competition toegether and someone from Detroit won through robbery :beard:

DBD is pretty good at freestyling though

Yeah, Magnum puts together this kind of shit now too #WtfIsGoingOn