Tech N9ne

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 11, 2007
EastBayDen said:
A lot of acts don't make it with live performance with Tech they really do a quality show and have the audience going wild

It's weird. Pretty much any other act i've seen @ a Tech show, they've been dope, had the crowd moving non stop. Dog Faced Gods, who i've never heard of (One of Techs favorite Metal Bands) threw it down hard @ tha show in Orangevale. Tech can do a lot with anyone that surrounds him.

-Xzi

Mar 22, 2007
XPL051v3 said:
It's weird. Pretty much any other act i've seen @ a Tech show, they've been dope, had the crowd moving non stop. Dog Faced Gods, who i've never heard of (One of Techs favorite Metal Bands) threw it down hard @ tha show in Orangevale. Tech can do a lot with anyone that surrounds him.

-Xzi
oops I meant that other acts don't sound as good as tech on stage, did not mean acts headlining with them.

Mar 20, 2006
I noticed that people who like Tech N9ne a lot don't like rap very much. Everyone I know who's a hip hop head or a big rap fan thinks he's horribly overrated and everyone I know who mainly listens to ICP or horrorcore or rock thinks he's rad as the dickens.
LOL thats tha truth tho...this is one of those rare occasions where i'd actually recommend lowering drug consumption in order to make better music. dude puts out way too many club songs...

Yang

Sicc OG
May 2, 2004
Im not trying to bury him. He makes a living doing what he likes to do and people wouldn't still pay him for it if he was garbage. It just seems like people who have a wider range of what they listen to think Tech is decent, and people who listen to more horrorcore and underground shit than anything else think he's black jesus king rapper supreme.
I listen to a wider range of Hip-Hop than most people I know and while I don't think he is "black jesus king rapper supreme" I do think he is damn close, lol.

Sep 29, 2007
I noticed that people who like Tech N9ne a lot don't like rap very much. Everyone I know who's a hip hop head or a big rap fan thinks he's horribly overrated and everyone I know who mainly listens to ICP or horrorcore or rock thinks he's rad as the dickens.
tech is my favorite rapper, i think hes underrated
i know a lot of different music, but i mainly listen to rap so i think it might have to do with close minded-ness to what people define hip hop as - samples and 16 bars of metaphors and ryhmes at the end of each line

DFDoom

Definition Supervillain
Feb 15, 2007
Underrated? I think because his flow is SO clean, he's overrated.

He does have a few songs with substance, but why push beyond when doing less is making you money and keeping your fan base happy?

Good as a business man; Could be a much better rapper.

BUT this is coming from someone that is not a fan of his.
I'm in no way a hater, I just believe he has much more potential.

Sep 29, 2007
i think location plays a big factor, ive only known one person that knew tech
everyone else, ive had to introduce and it seems like i cant make them understand it
im not hopping on nuts, but ive never seen anyone give him credit but fadingly
i think he could do better business wise, cause he tours a trillion times a year and his label never hits a release date
as far as his rapping, i respect your opinion, i just like the complexity

Jan 31, 2003
I appreciate people like Jorge and Yang for coming in and giving different opinions.

I completely understand the appeal of Tech N9ne. Even if I don't particularly like a certain musician, I still try to study why they were successful, take bits and pieces of what everyone did right and learn from what they did wrong. The man also wouldnt sell 500,000 copies of his last album if he was garbage.

It's not just that he has a nice flow, there's tons of Bone Thugs and Twista wannabes who can rap like that but aren't original. The fact that he is different from pretty much anyone making music today, personality and appearance wise and with some of the creative concept songs he's made, is what attracts people to his music. Like a lot of successful musicians, he found a way to let his own true personality shine through.

Ultimately I don't think he's necessarily overrated. He just hasn't lived up to potential that's obviously there. He tries too hard to be Scotty Pippen and do a little bit of everything when I'd really rather hear an album where he went all out and just did him relentlessly like Mike. I heard Sleeping Beauty when it leaked with those other Everready tracks and I thought the album would sound more like that, but it didnt even end up having that track on it, which disappointed me a lot. It seems like every one of his albums, to me, has one or two really good tracks that stick with me and that I want to go back and listen to, but the rest is ultimately forgettable. It leaves me wanting more, whereas my favorite rappers almost always end up giving me more than what I initially expected.

Sep 29, 2007
Tech's diversity amazes me. I think his flow is perfect because it can adapt to any type of track. There are some sounds i enjoy and would love to hear more of, but Tech doesnt seem the type to ever do things that are too alike, which I love and hate. I wish he would go back to the darker stuff, but its still in him, and leaks into the other songs too.
I don't only listen to Tech though, but he is definitely my favorite