T-Wolves and Wizards Make a Deal

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
The Washington Wizards have agreed in principle to acquire Minnesota Timberwolves guards Randy Foye(notes) and Mike Miller(notes) for Etan Thomas(notes), Oleksiy Pecherov(notes) and Darius Songaila and the fifth pick in Thursday’s NBA draft, a league executive with knowledge of the deal told Yahoo! Sports. The teams are still working out details but the deal is expected to be consummated.

Aug 7, 2003
wolves got 4 first round picks. the #5, 6 18 and 26th i believe.

i wonder if mike miller makes caron butler expendable. warriors were pursuing him maybe now the wiz trade him. not sure draft is getting interesting tho.

Aug 7, 2003
thinking more into this. this lets the twolves take curry or use curry as trade bait and get something in return from him. the knicks want him as well as several other teams. be interesting to see what happens.

May 15, 2002
Hmmm interesting deal. I'm eager to see how Foye and Miller mesh with the rest of the wizards. Foye looked like he was ready to break out last season before the injuries.

People are saying this is a garbage draft in terms of talent and now the wolves have all those picks and no coach right now.

Nov 27, 2006
^GM said they wont hire or look 2 hire a coach be4 the draft. Great trade for the Wolves tho, they have ALOT of options now 2 do pretty much wutever they want. They just need a solid guard and a true center to put around AJ and Love and they'd be a decent team.

Aug 18, 2002
www.chalkbodyoutline.com
Wolves bout to take over this draft...with them 4 picks i believe they tryin to move up to #2 to take Rubio. And if that happens that league gonna be on notice in a few years.

Miller shit the bed last year, but I think tradin Foye a mistake. He aint done too much as a pro, but I still think his ceiling is very high. Remember it took Chauncy Billups a long time to develop in the NBA, I think Foye has that same potential.

As a wolves fan since day one Im very excited yet kinda scary right now, we dont know what the fuck to expect from this new GM. Hopefully he tryin to make a splash and get Rubio, but if he gets that fucking wimp Thabet ill be pissed!!!

Aug 18, 2002
www.chalkbodyoutline.com
Yup, but this comin from a die hard wolves fan that sees every game i possibly can. Foye can ball flat out. Just hella inconsistant so far, possibly due to 3 coaching changes just since he been here. And idk bout injury prone just that 2nd year. He will never be no Brandon Roy tho who they traded him for but a poor mans D-Wade is very possible.

Jun 22, 2007
this move could end up bein a epic fail for the t'wolves...they aint got nobody on they roster right now and this draft in my opinion aint deep enough to be makin trades like this..i could end up bein wrong tho..dont like em anyway so wont bother me

Nov 15, 2007
wtf happen to corey brewer on the wolves??? is he a bust or what???

and yea foye is a bust for sure, dude just flat out stinks in the nba... maybe in a couple years but i dont see him ever being a force, i guess we will see...

im looking forward to seeing what happen with this... the draft is atchually geting interesting now

Mar 18, 2006
Foye is a good player...I think this is a good trade for the Wiz...I see him working out well with the Wizards.....This definetly could be a disaster for the TWolves but definetly interesting....having 4 first round rookies at once? OH my.I feel sorry 4 the coaching staff.....well kinda...Does give them some leverage though, should be interesting to see how it plays out