SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Jus clownin'

Mario games are the only games I really bought for my Wii, but I'll wait til the price drops significally.

$50 or $25 the game will still be the same.

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
Mario games are practically the ONLY games I play. I was in my video gaming prime during the reign of the SNES. After that it went downhill. But Mario Galaxy was the first game I played all the way through since, I don't know, a decade or so. And if this sequel is better, as nearly everyone is saying, then I'll have to pick it up.

I can't get into most of the new games these days; especially fps's. I was done with those after Wolfenstein 3D and Rise of the Triad for the PC way back in the 90's. And I don't really care if a game is "mature" themed. That's just so little kids can think they're more grown up by playing them. Oh, and I can't stand retardedly-realistic racers like Gran Turismo. If I wanna race, I don't want to have to worry about every minute detail on my car. And I don't want the racing to be realistic. I want it to be fun. Give me Mario Kart or maybe Excite Truck and I'm good.

Shit, I could go on and on.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
I think the one thing you should take away from this review: Super Mario Galaxy 2 wholly exceeded my expectations. Leading up to the game’s release I hadn’t expected much more than simply “more of the same.” I loved the original Super Mario Galaxy, but the company would have to do something pretty special to really “wow” me.

Consider me “wowed.” Again. Yes, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is more of what made the original so amazingly good: brilliant gravity platfoming. Incredibly tight and responsive controls. Fantastic musical score. But it’s not a “me too” experience -- a significant majority of this sequel is brand new. New level challenges, new gameplay mechanics, new (and incredible) orchestral pieces. All done up in a package that streamlines the classic Mario experience: a straightforward presentation, a much more intelligent camera system, and a rewarding progression that opens up some seriously devious and fulfilling level challenges.

Mario has always been a universally appealing game design and Nintendo has done an incredible job to make sure its key franchise is just as accessible to gamers of all walks of life. Most of all, Super Mario Galaxy 2 perfectly captures that classic videogame charm, the reason why most of us got into gaming from the start.
IGN Ratings for Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)

10 Presentation
Big and bold, with a progression that's been tightened up and streamlined. This is Mario at its core, and one of the best, if not the best, Nintendo has to offer.

10 Graphics
A testament to the amazing game engine from 2007: it still looks fantastic and beautiful.

10 Sound
A much stronger saturation of "big band" tunes here, and that's just awesome.

10 Gameplay
This is the absolute pinnacle of Mario gameplay: everything that makes a Mario game so incredibly fun is represented here. Both in 2D and 3D.

10 Lasting Appeal
If you just want to get to Bowser you'll be done in a few hours. But if you want to strut your gaming skills you'll be playing this one for weeks.

OVERALL

Masterful

Apr 20, 2005
I just got this the other day...and every other level i tell myself "Okay this is the last stage and im going turn the Wii off" i keep doing this for 2-4 levels lol. This game is fun, creative, challenging and it looks really nice each level has its own personality. If you own a wii this game is a must have for your collection.