Startin your own buisness

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 11, 2002
Im thinkin about startin my own buisness and takin classes at school next semester. So anyone who got experience or know someone who started their own buisness wanna give me some advice? What steps do I need to take to get my buisness license and other legal paperwork. Also I hear when you have a buisness license you buy the items cheaper for example clothes: Now is there a certain % you get to raise the cost for resale or what? Anyways Thanks for the help...

May 3, 2002
Sneak said:
Im thinkin about startin my own buisness and takin classes at school next semester.

So anyone who got experience or know someone who started their own buisness wanna give me some advice?

Always plan ahead and think small with potential of huge, learn to manage your own money and manage it well accountants are not needed, know you're profession their's nothing worse then going to someone's place of business and they don't what the hell their talking about, be at you're place of business 24/7 it's not wise to let employee's run ya spot, small business/manage money books are you're friend,keep a lawyer in you're pocket,

What steps do I need to take to get my buisness license and other legal paperwork.

A lot of that depends on what industry u plan on entering. What industry are u entering?

Also I hear when you have a buisness license you buy the items cheaper for example clothes: Yeah this is true but only if it pertains to you're business they take a % of the tax out.

Now is there a certain % you get to raise the cost for resale or what?

I'd like to say no but I'm not sure.

I don't have a ton of experience but hopfully this helps a bit.

Anyways Thanks for the help...

Jul 26, 2002
Midwestbound is right.

We have a family owned business. It's a chain of restaurants. Even if you own the business you need to stay around ALOT. Don't let other's handle money. You need to make sure you cover your ass in everything you do.

You can get a Business license and a resale license. Resale license is where they don't charge you taxes. So let's say you have a Carpet cleaning business you can only purchase things for the business. You can't buy food or clothes and such with the resale license. At the end of the year I believe you get audited so that the Government can make sure the purchases are only for the business.

ALEX

Sicc OG
Jun 29, 2002
Take a class about Taxes too, cus trust me they WILL get you. You pay your employees wages and you pay the government or that employee. Youll learn all about that..