Sources: Johnson vs. Bolt race planned

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 15, 2007
Inland Empire
Adam Schefter of ESPN reports representatives for the Titans running back and Olympic champion Usain Bolt of Jamaica have spent recent days trying to set up a race between the two men to determine who really is the world's fastest human. This according to sources close to the situation.

The race would be used to raise money for charity.

Bolt won three gold medals at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, setting world records in the 100 meters and 200 meters and sharing a third world record with the Jamaican 4x100 meter relay team. At last year's world championships, he shattered both of his own sprinting records, running the 100 meters in 9.58 seconds and the 200 meters in 19.19 seconds.

Johnson on Sunday became the NFL's sixth 2,000-yard rusher when he completed his season with 2,006, breaking Earl Campbell's franchise record of 1,934. The second-year back from East Carolina also broke Marshall Faulk's NFL single-season record with 2,254 total yards from scrimmage.

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription.aspx?EntryId=2146

Jun 9, 2007
when I read the thread title I thought you meant Michael Johnson

then I realized he's prolly too old and fat to walk 100 meters, much less sprint.