Soundforge 6.0 or Wavelab 4.....what's better to you?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
I just got Soundforge 6.0.......this shit works real nice. I don't know if it's the new version or because of XP.......but that shit renders edits HELLA fast now. I'm diggin' it fa sho. I use Soundforge for almost all of my editing.

I only use Wavelab for certain things......I like the CD audio import feature on it better than other programs.....and the mp3 conversion is nice and fast. I don't use it for much editing though.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
soundforge has a much nicer interface to me, less cluttered, and yes, i just got a new system so i dont know , but it runs a lot faster for me too. i dont even have to wait except for the most demanding processes. running win98se

Apr 25, 2002
You actually just reminded me that I wanted to try out Wavelab 4.0. Maybe I will get to that tonight.

I use Cool Edit Pro for most of my editing because that program is fast as hell. I use Sound Forge too. I have 6.0 but I haven't installed it yet. Thank god they re-worked the rendering engine because that shit was slow!

May 2, 2002
For all my sample/audio manipulation I tend to use Cool Edit Pro, because the interface is so much easier to me. I do a lil bit of EQing and compression in wavelab once the tracks made.