Something interesting I read in Murderdog about Bay Area music..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 10, 2002
wessidebonafide said:
but in order for the Bay Area fanbase to recognize this new sound you weak motherfuckers need to stopp puttin shit out.
Simple as that.

My boy Raider said it best when he said that most of these cats that put an album out that goes nowhere but around the corner will be completely satisfied with ONE person comin up to them and lettin them know they heard em on somethin. That makes you wonder WHY are these cats wastin their time and other peoples' time with their bullshit. Alot of these cats don't understand the complexity of making MUSIC. Another thing that cracks me up is that these same cats will do a song, get a copy of it, play it to everybody on their block - and when it comes out they expect these same people that they've been playing their shit to for the last 2 years (and that's on the average) to go cop their shit. MUFUCKA, YOU PLAYED THEM THE WHOLE ALBUM ALREADY!!!! And the cold thing is that the folks on the block are the only ones that know these cats are coming out with an album so if they actually do get the shit in stores it sits there taking up space cause nobody else knows it's out.

I happen to suffer from an affliction that's called 'integrity'. I'd rather do ONE project that I feel is tight and starve, than do 59 projects that I could care less about and make alot of money. Doin this shit for 6+ years, I've come to realize that I'm an artist and it aint always about money. The problem with that is, I'm probably one of the 2% of the Bay Area music scene that looks at things that way. Shit would be different it was ACTUALLY about the music. But I understand it's a business and I don't knock nobody for making their bread. But shit, SOMETHING has to change somewhere.

I've always said that if given the opportunity to work with a mainstream artist, any and every major and semi-major producer in the bay area (I classify myself under semi-major) CAN and WILL make hits. It's all about getting that opportunity. If Rick Rock had made that 'Parkin Lot Pimpin' track or that 'Change The Game' track for somebody out here, for the most part it wouldn't have done NOTHING because we don't have the avenues that a Jay-Z has (obviously). Shit like that is being done ALL DAY out here but the right people don't get the chance to here it.

I don't post too much no more so I figured I'd give you .04 cents instead of my usual .02 cents