Should Slacker really have been the single?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 25, 2002
I mean i dunno, I think there are so many way better songs on that album. Pretty much every song except for She Devil and Biancas and Biatraces are better then Slacker in my opinion. I think I'm a Playah, Im'a Tell, Absolute Power, or Industry is Punks coulda been better singles. Eh, just my 2 cents. The song slacker isn't the same kinda flow tech usualy has.

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
They made Slacker the single because it has more of a mainstream rap sound than anyother song on the album. A party anthem type. I dont think Imma Tell would have pulled off the same result, i really couldnt imagine people in the club goin off on Imma Tell, which by the way is still slated to be the next single and possiblly a video!

Nick

Jul 7, 2002
Yeah.....with mainstream music you have to hit with something easy to hear first...then once you have them interested you hit em with the "true" single. Hence using "Slacker" to get their attention...then wowing them with "Imma Tell". Its all business and politics. Ain't about what the tightest song is.

Aug 17, 2002
Biancas and Beatrices...

Maybe I'm just weird or somethin, but that fuckin hook is tight.........and catchy as well...anyway... just my $00.02

Aug 18, 2002
naw, that is the only gay part in the whole album, the chorus makes me wanna kill whoever that is singin that shit, so damn annoying.. & too loud like 187 sayd

Aug 25, 2002
JLMAN, is yourkeyboard broken with the caps lock button on at all times? Just wondering....whenever i see your posts its like...FJKSL:FJKSL:FDJKLS:DFJKL:SDFJKL:SD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
you rang???..........

Infest said:
JLMAN, is yourkeyboard broken with the caps lock button on at all times? Just wondering....whenever i see your posts its like...FJKSL:FJKSL:FDJKLS:DFJKL:SDFJKL:SD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SORRY IF IT BOTHERS YOU............is this better???.......the only reason that they are always on is because here at my job when we put something in our computer........the caps always have to be on!!.............i just forget to turn them off sometimes (all the time)..........lol...........but i will try to remember from now on!!.......oh and to answer your question.......yes, my keyboard is broken........from slamming the shit out of it cause i was so pissed at 103.3 radio in kansas city......not playing tech's music!!.........laterz

May 7, 2002
Yeah, probably the best choice for video. It could get Mtv spins if it got a chance. I know people would relate.

I REALLY think Ima Playa should be the next single. That has club hit ALLLLLLLL over it.

Apr 25, 2002
At first I didn't really like Slacker but it grew on me. Thats how most mainstream songs are, just catchy. I think I'ma playah DEFINATLEY is catchy and is tight as fuck as well. I really think that if there is a song on the CD that could blow Tech up, it would be I'ma Playah.

Sep 1, 2002
Let me say tha whole album is str8 hard to me. Biancas and beatrice is raw because it's different in my opinion. I can see where tha hook can be annoying to someone though. I do agree I'mma playa would probably blow Tech N9ne up, str8 club hit and gets you all caught up; And mane what's the deal wit every speakin on Slackers ? This song is raw. I do agree he's not flowin as good on it as he usually does, but tha beat is sick. Tha video is kindda wack too. I was kindda upset when I saw that video as creative as Tech N9ne is, but I've seen worst videos then that played. It should at least get played on Rap city. What I also think would get peoples attenion is Guns will Bust.