should i........?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
G

GANGSTAEIGHT

sell my triton keyboard for a triton rack? i'm thinking of making my studio completely computer based... let me know bout the pro's con's and all that shit

Apr 25, 2002
Is the Triton rack exactly the same...just without the keys and sequencer?....I personally like using the Triton sequencer just cuz its quicker for putting down tracks...I usually make the beat on the Triton..then save it as a genral midi file and open it up in Cakewalk and do the further work from there..but If I had to choose Id take the compter as a sequencer just cuz its easier and I see more advantages....
How much are those Triton racks going for now anyways?

G

GANGSTAEIGHT

they much cheaper than the keyboard, that's for sure. Last time I checked, it was $1600-1800 new. I already own a JV-1080 that I can't use because I have no way of sequencing it with the Triton Instruments and that's why I wanna try out computer sequencing.

G

GANGSTAEIGHT

i can get the Triton Rack for only a G on eBay... just checked right now

i really wanna go this route so I can easily bring my equipment down to L.A. with me and put in work with my folks. using a computer for production also enhances my sampling power... one of my 'online associates' from Baltimore said it's a good idea...

G

GANGSTAEIGHT

can I actually pull the instruments from a rack module and play em on my computer using a sequencer such as Cubase VST (i coulda swore I did this once on Cubase with a K2000 back in high school)? Or can you only use the computer as a sequencer, and only hear the notes you're playing by connecting a speaker to the rack?