Should I Leave Negative Feedback?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Houston
I almost never leave negative feedback, but I am considering doing so for a recent Ebay transaction. Here is what happened:

I bought Al Kapone- What Cha Got? for $28. When I received the CD, there was a massive cut-out in the back cover, about one square inch in size. Plus the booklet was wrinkled from water damage. The seller made no mention of this in the item description. Now if I'm paying over $20 for any CD, it had better be in damn good condition. So I email the seller about these defects that she failed to mention and offering to return it for a refund. She emailed me back saying that is how she bought it and that all Al Kapone- What Cha Got? CDs will have that same cut-out. She also said it does not affect the playability of the CD and that I got the CD for a good price. She made no mention of sending it back and it sounded as if she did not want me to send it back for a refund.

So I email her back saying that she should have stated the cut-out and water damage in the item description because that is what good, honest sellers do. And if she had done so, I would not have purchased it in the first place. I ask if I can send it back, but get no response.

After about a week and a couple more emails during the week without a response, I decide to open a dispute on Paypal since I hadn't heard back figuring this would get her attention. I get a pissed off email from her saying that I didn't need to open a dispute on Paypal but that I should have emailed her directly, which of course I did several times. She says that if I'm so unhappy about one minor little flaw to just send it back. So I send it back immediately the next day.

She then escalates the dispute I opened to a claim, so about two days later I get a message from Paypal saying to send the CD back to her with a tracking number to get the refund and that I have ten days to provide the tracking number. But I had already sent it back without a tracking number. After a week, I send an email to the seller saying that she has probably received it by now and to give me my refund. I get no response. Two days later, I send another email demanding my refund because I know they have received it by now, but no response.

So now I have about two days before I have to provide the tracking number and I see what the seller is trying to do. Since I didn't provide a tracking number, there is no actual proof that I sent it back and they are not going to give me my refund. So I go back to the Post Office and purchase another padded mailer and stick a note inside demanding my refund and calling them a piece of shit. I also put a tracking number on it and gave the number to Paypal. Paypal gave me my refund.

NOW, the seller wants to cancel the transaction and pretend like it never happened. I'm thinking fuck that because they never had any intention of giving me my refund because I didn't have actual proof of sending it back even though I did. After all of this shit, I'm definitely leaning towards negative feedback.

Nov 30, 2003
www.kcghostt.com
Yes, leave negative feedback even if you did get your refund. Shady sellers fuck shit up for the rest of us. If nobody leaves negative feedback for sellers who pull that kind of bullshit, they'll keep fucking people over. It would be different if they just offered your refund and came through with no problems.

Nov 8, 2007
AT THIS POINT HELL YEAH LEAVE THE NEGATIVE. THIS WAY OTHER BUYERS KNOW THIS SELLER IS SHADY . IVE GOTTEN NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FROM PEOPLE FOR LESS THAN WHAT THIS PERSON HAS DONE TO YOU??? . THAT SHIT FUCKS UP UR SALES TOO.

ONCE GOT A NEGATIVE CUZ THE CD CASES WERE BROKEN IN THE MAIL.

OH YEAH LET US KNOW WHO THIS SELLER IS SO WE DONT HAVE PROBLEMS TOO.

Mar 2, 2004
She tried to get your money and the CD by asking for a tracking number for the package that she already received, you gotta leave a negative feedback with no hesitation. BTW she can't even retaliate by doing the same thing for you since eBay doesn't allow sellers to neg buyers no more so you ain't got nothing to worry about, your feedback will stay clean.

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
Jun 16, 2007
Left negative feedback. I was just really pissed waiting over a week and still not getting a refund when I knew damn well she received the CD. She had no intention of giving me the refund because I didn't provide a tracking number but once I sent that second envelope with the tracking number I got it. Here is her profile:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=simply.sweet.studios&ftab=AllFeedback
Why don't you say in the feedback that the cd had water damage ?

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
Honestly that lady prolly ain't know what she was selling
That was beside the point. I was mainly upset that even though she had the CD returned to her and in her hands, she made no attempt to give me my money back and would not have because I did not provide a tracking number.

Why don't you say in the feedback that the cd had water damage ?
There's only so much (or little) you can write in the feedback comment. And like I said above, this was not about water damage to the booklet or the cut-out. It was about the fact that she had the CD in her hands but made no attempt to refund my money.

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
By the way, I did just now notice that she replied to my negative feedback. I did not burn the CD or put it on my ITunes. Hell, I never even took it out of the case. I did end up buying another copy for about $5 more than what I paid for hers and this one was in perfect condition. I'm going to take a picture of it and send it to her.

Nov 8, 2007
YOU GOTS TO BE HONEST ON THE DESCRIPTION. FROM THE LOOKS OF HER LISTINGS SHE MOSTLY SELLS SANDALS OR SOME SHIT. BUT EITHER WAY IF UR DISCRIPTION DOES NOT HAVE ANY MENTIONS OF ANY DEFECTS U SHOULD HONOR A REFUND/EXCHANGE OR WHATEVER.

I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT CD WENT FOR THAT MUCH.