Short review of Mac Dre - Do You Remember

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 16, 2002
Here we go:

1. Another Dose - Just your standard intro, nothing special(2/10).
2. Livin That Life - If your a Mac Dre fan then you've heard this track so the lyrics are nothing new and the new beat is just ok(5/10).
3. Gift 2 Gab - Lyrics are cool but the new beat is once again just ok(5/10).
4. How I Got This Name - The Pulp Fiction sample at the begaining is cool and the new beat is pretty good(7/10).
5. Should Of Been Mo - The new beat on this track is damn good and works well with the lyrics but its not as good as the original(7.5/10).
6. My Folks - This is the first unreleased track and its nothing special. The music and lyrics are just ok(5/10).
7. Who Can It Be - The new beat Khayree used on this track is horrible, its garbage compared to the original. He should have left this track of the CD(2/10).
8. Back 2 My Mission - Once again the new beat is just ok and what the fuck does the Pulp Fiction sample have to do with the song(5/10)?
9. Times R Gettin Crazy - The lyrics are cool but the new beat is to mellow, no slump at all(5/10).
10. Feeling Like That Nigga - This is the second unreleased track but its far from unreleased. If you've heard Funky Situation(from the 3 Beam Circus compilation)then you've heard this track. The lyrics are slower then on Funky Situation, the third verse is gone, there's no Miami ad-libs in the background and the beat sucks when compared to the original(4/10).
11. California Livin - This is the best track on the cd. The new beat is funky as hell and works great with the lyrics(8/10).

If your not a hardcore Mac Dre fan you should pass on this CD cause for the most part Khayree's new beats are pretty bad(when compared to the originals)and there's only one truly unreleased track.

Apr 25, 2002
Pimperoni said:
1 post and you're gonna listen to this bitch's review ?
Not really, i'll hear it for myself. A few days ago I bought 8 CD's toppling over 100 bucks most of them were new, my reaction is for the fact that I spent so much money a couple days ago that I don't want to spend money on something someone says is not good.

But I will listen to it myself hopefully on Northern Ridaz if they ever put it out or find it used.

What I do want to know is if Khayree was going for the old funk sound he had in the early 90's or if he's giving these songs a modern make up?

You shouldn't take his review so personally he went out and paid full price for the CD like you did so he has the right to criticize it..don't ya think?

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
i disagree with review too....I feel it Fire! everyone has there opinion. Best thing to do is go out and buy it 4 yo self and YOU decide.....

Apr 25, 2002
Pimperoni said:
1 post and you're gonna listen to this bitch's review ?
LoL. Tru. A lot of folks just come up one here and post a ghetto ass review and then just bounce, giving the whole cd a bad name. On the other hand, ive been hearing its not that good from a few people which is dissapointing.

Jul 15, 2002
i must disagree with the review to, man this cd i tight u should go pick it up man, it's a must have. Though dude is right with unreleased tracks, i've heard #6 under a different name maybe u have it'd called family affair and not my folx, the second unrelease is fonky situation but slower, if dude is complainin cause it aint new then shit that why it's called a remix album, damn near everyone on this board has heard those songs and knows the words. notheless this album is fire.

Get it