Shamrock Suspended for Steroids

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 7, 2006
UFC legend Ken Shamrock has been suspended for one year for testing positive for the steroid Stanozolol, as well as two Nandrolone-based substances, 19-Norandrosterone and 19-Noretiocholanolone, according to a statement issued by the California State Athletic Commission on Wednesday.

Shamrock, who turned 45 on Feb. 13, picked up a one-minute victory over super heavyweight Ross Clifton at Wargods “Valentine’s Eve Massacre” on Feb. 14 in Fresno, Calif. Shamrock’s production company also co-promoted the event.

Shamrock‘s manager and attorney Rod Donohoo said the fighter has adamantly denied the allegations and will appeal the suspension.

“Ken was taking legal over-the-counter products, and based upon our preliminary research, I’m investigating if those products were the result of these findings,” Donohoo told Sherdog.com on Wednesday.

Shamrock was scheduled to face fellow WWE pro wrestler Bobby Lashley in a headlining heavyweight bout for the Roy Jones Jr.-helmed Square Ring Promotions “March Badness” on March 21 at the Pensacola Civic Center in Pensacola, Fla. However, the Florida State Boxing Commission will likely uphold the CSAC’s suspension and an appeals process will not be completed before March 21.

Donohoo told Sherdog.com that he will request an expedited appeal.

“Ken is willing to submit to immediate testing in Sacramento to prove his innocence,” said Donohoo.

If the suspension is not overturned, Shamrock will be eligible to re-apply for licensure in California after Feb. 1, 2010 and will pay a $2,500 fine.

Feb 7, 2006
Florida State Boxing Commission Will Honor Shamrock Suspension

There will be no "March Badness" for Ken Shamrock.

The 45 year-old UFC Hall of Famer tested positive for three different types of steroids on Wednesday, drawing a yearlong suspension from the California State Athletic Commission and a $2500 fine.

Shamrock was scheduled to fight former WWE star Bobby Lashley on March 21 in Pensacola, Fla., on the Roy Jones Jr. boxing/MMA hybrid "March Badness."

But according to Alexis Antonacci, press secretary for the Florida State Boxing Commission, which oversees Jones Jr.'s event, Shamrock will not be licensed to fight.

"We will honor the suspension," Antonacci said of CSAC's decision. "We honor all states suspensions."

No word has been given yet on whether Shamrock will fight CSAC's suspension, though Shamrock's lawyer, Rod Donohoo, blamed the positive test on over the counter supplements, speaking to Sherdog.com.

Jul 29, 2008
damn. Really, his legacy is getting worst every time he has a match.

I applaud the heart to fight, but you gotta know when to put it down... and know when you are gonna get tested.

Jul 29, 2008
Its usually steroids that help heal you quicker not anabolic steroids to bulk up that MMa fighters get caught up with....
that is something that people dont understand.

Not to mention, SOME of these athletes have trace amounts... but enough to get them in trouble.

Kourse there are idiots that use it and try to work with the cycle of the drug.

Apr 25, 2002
Damn, now MMA fighters are roided out? WOW
you got to be fuckin kidding me , are people really that ignorant lol

why the fuck would anyone take winstrol and get caught ? that shit is a fast actin steroid , the other one he got taking is a andro and will make him stronger more than anything, and the last one is deca which is detected up to a year

psydal steroids are steroids , they all make you heal quickly. people use 19-Noretiocholanolone (deca) to bulk but it also helps great with joint issues. also you can test positive for deca for a year after the last time u you used

May 2, 2002
you got to be fuckin kidding me , are people really that ignorant lol

why the fuck would anyone take winstrol and get caught ? that shit is a fast actin steroid , the other one he got taking is a andro and will make him stronger more than anything, and the last one is deca which is detected up to a year

psydal steroids are steroids , they all make you heal quickly. people use 19-Noretiocholanolone (deca) to bulk but it also helps great with joint issues. also you can test positive for deca for a year after the last time u you used
A simple correction of my error would've sufficed. I mean if it makes u feel like a hardass callin' somebody ignorant on a message board, more power to you. I don't know you from Adam, so I could give two squirts of semen what you think of me.