serious ?: albums/compilations

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 4, 2002
whats the difference these days?.....solo albums read like compilations...and compilations keep gettin weaker and weaker.....despite a few worth while ones here and there.....opinions folks....

Apr 25, 2002
www.mir-store.com
My 2 cents - Im tired of the "call for tracks" compilations, where people decide to put one out and call the artists for tracks theyre not going to use. Usually if the track isnt going to be used, its because the artist didnt feel it was good enough to go on their own album! I think if youre going to put one out, get the artists to come to the studio, pick the beats, have concepts. Sure, one or 2 call in tracks are cool if they are handpicked because of quality, not just because of a name.

Apr 25, 2002
www.dugoutent.com
^^^ That's exactly how HC2C was put together illmannered666 - "get the artists to come to the studio, pick the beats".... it worked out nicely too...no recycled material & all new shyt. No distribution on that one but it did it's job! I recommend it to all...it is the only way I see to avoid the dime a dozen compilation syndrome.

PR.