Scarface leaves Def Jam South to start his own label

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
Face Leaves Def Jam:

Texas rap veteran, Scarface, has announced he will soon be leaving his position as President of Def Jam South to start his own imprint Underground Railroad. Scarface has stated that he wished to take the music back to the underground, thus the reasoning for the companies name. He has mentioned that the 1st group to be on the label is a Florida based group named The Good, The Bad & The Ugly. Be sure to watch for more news as things change.

M-1

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
i'd be pleasantly surprised if this is a success...didn't seem like much is doin with that Def Jam South anyway, unless i've just missed it

May 4, 2002
Yeah where the fuck is Haystak's album Face? Scarface could've been making some big moves with the Def Jam name behind him, but he kind of just lived off of Luda and DTP.

Apr 6, 2003
home.earthlink.net
from what i understand from inside sources is that Face didn't have alot of creative decision making...it was still all up to DEF JAM, and you know how DEF JAM is about west coast or southern artists....just ask JAYO FELONY...

besides Face has always been a leader....believe me, he will make it happen...

Apr 25, 2002
smitdaddy said:
Yeah where the fuck is Haystak's album Face? Scarface could've been making some big moves with the Def Jam name behind him, but he kind of just lived off of Luda and DTP.
I BEEN HEARING A RUMOR AROUND TOWN THAT DEF JAM SOUTH IS FOLDING AND STAKS ALBUM WILL NOT GET RELEASED ON DEF JAM AT ALL....DONT QUOTE ME ON THAT THOUGH.

May 3, 2002
Damn that's good for him... though I have been waiting for Stak's DJS release fo a long time now...and it may not come out? Myabe that's why Face is saying goodbye... he might not hold the position to do what he wants there...