Savages - new Oliver Stone movie

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
[video=youtube;NIPpdEjORas]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIPpdEjORas[/video]

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/savages/trailer

Three-time Oscar-winning filmmaker Oliver Stone returns to the screen with the ferocious thriller Savages, featuring the all-star ensemble cast of Taylor Kitsch, Blake Lively, Aaron Johnson, John Travolta, Uma Thurman, Benicio Del Toro, Salma Hayek, Emile Hirsch and Demian Bichir. The film is based on Don Winslow's best-selling crime novel that was named one of The New York Times' Top 10 Books of 2010.

Laguna Beach entrepreneurs Ben (Johnson), a peaceful and charitable Buddhist, and his closest friend Chon (Kitsch), a former Navy SEAL and ex-mercenary, run a lucrative, homegrown industry—raising some of the best marijuana ever developed. They also share a one-of-a-kind love with the extraordinary beauty Ophelia (Lively). Life is idyllic in their Southern California town...until the Mexican Baja Cartel decides to move in and demands that the trio partners with them.

When the merciless head of the BC, Elena (Hayek), and her brutal enforcer, Lado (Del Toro), underestimate the unbreakable bond among these three friends, Ben and Chon—with the reluctant, slippery assistance of a dirty DEA agent (Travolta)—wage a seemingly unwinnable war against the cartel. And so begins a series of increasingly vicious ploys and maneuvers in a high stakes, savage battle of wills.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
Yea I saw this flick....

ok so we all know the story line is really fucking stupid but there was some decent action and I thought the plot was ok until these 2 white guys bring down a whole cartel............

On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best) I give it a good 6......

After the movie I thought that I paid to see Salma Hayek naked but NOPE!

Mar 18, 2003
until these 2 white guys bring down a whole cartel
I haven't seen it yet but this is my biggest gripe. Everyone I've talked to about this movie I've pretty much told them that it looks dope as fuck except for the fact that, when you watch the trailer, it makes it look like two fucking white kids take down an entire Mexican drug cartel. I understand that this is the nature of movies - unbelievable things happen all the time. We take it at face value, suspend disbelief and try to enjoy the film. But you have to explain how/why they were able to do it. Simply having us assume they're "badass" and "pissed off" is not even remotely enough. We all know these guys would have had their bodies dismembered an hour into their quest.

Bottom line: The Matrix is more believable than 2 white guys taking down a Mexican cartel.

With that said I'm still going to see it and I have hope that it wuill still be good. I've heard good things about it so we'll see.

Dec 4, 2011
when the girl was talking all the hippy bullshit and was them 3 it was boring but all the cartel shit was coo. Benicio Del Toro and Salma Hayek were good in it. the ending was bullshit. i should of waited till it was on HBO, not worth going to the theater for

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
To me there's nothing that separates this from any other "drug trade/thriller" movie. Certain lines and ideas were kinda made cheesy by the trailer. It wasn't bad, necessarily, but there are a couple stupid things that, to me, make the movie not as serious.

Nov 27, 2002
movie was weak, only thing exciting was when they jacked the money from those cartel guys, reminded me of the stuff we did over seas, well not jacking cartels but tactical ways of fucking up the enemy hahaha, but del toro was funny and creepy.

milkky

The Milk Man
Sep 6, 2010
thinking about going to see this... doesnt seem like it would be a horrible waste of time or money.. better than anything else thats out right now

Jul 27, 2009
I thought it was alright, Del Toro was excellent in it IMO. Salma with the wig was intentional because her character was scared of looking old.

and I didnt really take the movie seriously because of the fact that its gonna take more than two guys and some Navy Seal buddies to take down the Mexican cartel. but Stone did a good job of showing the shit that the cartels really do to people.

and besides, they really didnt take down the cartel in the movie, SPOiLER..... they just robbed one of their stashes, kidnapped the leader's daughter, and ended with the leader getting arrested. Lado still went with the other cartel, and is making money, DEA guy played by Travolta took credit for taking down the cartel even though he got payed 3 Mill and the cartel was still just as strong

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
It was okay. I wouldn't really recommend it. Blake Lively is a terrible actress. Cinematography was good. And to those of you saying "oh no way 2 white guys can take down the Mexican cartel" it was NAVY SEALS and there were like 7 of them, and they only killed like 10 or so people. And it was explained in the movie why the "cartel" was struggling. It seemed like a pretty small operation. 5.5/10