San Jose Police To Use Crowd Control Sound Wave Weapons

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 27, 2005
What's good enough to force a terrorist out of a cave is good enough to make you fall into line

Steve Watson
Infowars.net
Tuesday, Feb 26, 2008

San Jose police are to begin using high tech sound wave weapons that are designed to disperse crowds by firing concentrated beams of sound at 150 decibels, causing intense pain and possible deafness.

The police department is to get $27,000 in state grant money to purchase the device, which is the exact same model used by armed forces against insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The dish-shaped, sonic weapon is officially called a Long Range Acoustic Device — or L-RAD.

It seems that now that the government considers the American people the enemy, defense contractors have a new lucrative market selling high tech weapons, normally sold to the military, to the police.

"Think louder than a jet engine. Think the front row of a Metallica concert. Think of the piercing scream of a smoke alarm - inches from your ear." reports Mercury News.

"Police say it will be used mostly as a high-grade sound system to clearly amplify a police officer's order at great distances. But it can also be used as another of the department's "less-lethal" weapons, along with Tasers and 40mm projectile guns," the report continues.

Alex Jones covered the use of sound wave and micro wave weapons in his 2004 documentary, Martial Law: Rise Of The Police State. Alex captured footage of the devices deployed in New York by the NYPD during the Republican National Convention.

Watch a clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mS9HrV0pvk

The devices caused controversy again in 2006 when the Secretary of the Air Force, Michael Wynne, proposed testing the weapons on American citizens before deploying them abroad.

“If we’re not willing to use it here against our fellow citizens, then we should not be willing to use it in a wartime situation,” said Wynne. “(Because) if I hit somebody with a nonlethal weapon and they claim that it injured them in a way that was not intended, I think that I would be vilified in the world press.”

In a 2004 LA Times article entitled The Pentagon's secret scream sonic devices the manufacturers of the weapons described how they can inflict pain--or even permanent deafness:

"[For] most people, even if they plug their ears, [the device] will produce the equivalent of an instant migraine," says Woody Norris, chairman of American Technology Corp., the San Diego firm that produces the weapon. "It will knock [some people] on their knees."

American Technology says its new product "is designed to determine intent, change behavior and support various rules of engagement." The company is careful in its public relations not to refer to the megaphone as a weapon, or to dwell on the debilitating pain American forces will be able to deliver with it. The military has been equally reticent on the subject.

The devices were also used in New Orleans in the Hurricane Katrina aftermath when private security contractors confiscated guns and forced residents from their homes.

Of course the LRAD is not the only loving device the Pentagon has ready to roll for the new America.

Others, summarized here, include the "Puke Light", the Nerve Burning Laser Beam, the PhaRS gun (which temporarily blinds your everyday insurgent) and the TASER Remote Area Denial (which stuns you with a "Star Trek-style forcefield")

We have also previously reported on TASER international's intention to produce a saucer drone craft which could also fire the now familiar Taser stun rounds.

Of course all of these devices are for your safety and the good of freedom in America.

Mercury News provides this helpful guide to the "less lethal" weapon:
http://www.infowars.net/pictures/feb08/270208weapon.jpg

http://www.infowars.net/articles/february2008/270208sound.htm

Mar 4, 2007
seriously this doesn't surprise me...i've been gettin the feeling that san jose was pretty fuckin connected with government shit, i thought iwas jsut trippin on some good shit with some conspiracies that i've heard of and shit, but people kept sayin'oh every police squad is connected with gov." no shit, but like, closely related..
makes sense, most o fthe people workin here, that are 'middle class' work for some type of government agency or contractor in sunnyvale....

police state has been in action for longer than people think here...
its jsut been such a good economy for so long, that people don't pay attention to negatives...

Feb 9, 2003
Yeah, you're right whor...I mean rekomstop! It doesn't make sense that a charter city and the municipal government of Santa Clara Counties and Northern California's largest city be in anyway connected...eerr i mean closely related to this government shit. I mean the city doesn't need help from the Federal or State government because they are able to tax their citizenry enough so that they can fund their general fund and any other specialized reserves.

And another valid point on your whole good economy thingie. I mean the economy we live in now is in no way even close to the crapola we went through in the 80's of course you probably weren't even alive then but yes, you are still right! Because Bush has had such a thriving economy that we're actually spending money from a national surplus! Good bye to the trillion dollar deficit! Boom shakalaka!

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
This reminds me of the episode of Are You Afraid Of The Dark.

Where they catch the lil white kid, and the deaf black girl and they use sound to keep them caged and shit, and she beats em out cuz shes deaf

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
lol @ mexcom

Didn't san jo have tasering problems too? like haven't they killed people with their tasers before?

Mar 4, 2007
Yeah, you're right whor...I mean rekomstop! It doesn't make sense that a charter city and the municipal government of Santa Clara Counties and Northern California's largest city be in anyway connected...eerr i mean closely related to this government shit. I mean the city doesn't need help from the Federal or State government because they are able to tax their citizenry enough so that they can fund their general fund and any other specialized reserves.

And another valid point on your whole good economy thingie. I mean the economy we live in now is in no way even close to the crapola we went through in the 80's of course you probably weren't even alive then but yes, you are still right! Because Bush has had such a thriving economy that we're actually spending money from a national surplus! Good bye to the trillion dollar deficit! Boom shakalaka!

hun, i love you and your insane e-hatred for my herpes infected slutty ass.

seriously, like if you didn't do this, i dunno who would.
oh wait i always got white devil

Feb 9, 2003
Dont dare compare me to that simpleton. While I must admit that white devil is the homie he's not on my level. I'm like Bobby Fischer when it comes to my shit talking. white devil is my Spassky.

ps. I did avoid calling you a whore or talking about your herpes infected slutty ass. so thats like +6pts for me.

Mar 25, 2005
lol @ mexcom

Didn't san jo have tasering problems too? like haven't they killed people with their tasers before?
CALIFORNIA IN GENERAL HAS HAD TASERING PROBLEMS...THE PORKYS GET TOO EXCITED WITH TOSE THINGS..THEYR TRAINED TO HIT YOU IN THE CHEST WITH THEM, A WHILE BACK AT MY HOMEBOYS KID'S BAPTISM THEY HAD ME CUFFED AND SURROUNDED WITH ABOUT 6 TASER SPOTTING BEAMS ALL AIMED AT MY FACE.....

Apr 25, 2002
lol @ mexcom

Some punkass off duty pig had to call his boys to tase a very good friend of mine and he died in the wrath of a pussy that shouldve kept his nose out of a couple dispute. I lost a dear friend and the shitty thing about it he died in the apartment complex of his sister on the day of her bday.

Fuck SJPD!!!!

Feb 15, 2007
Some punkass off duty pig had to call his boys to tase a very good friend of mine and he died in the wrath of a pussy that shouldve kept his nose out of a couple dispute. I lost a dear friend and the shitty thing about it he died in the apartment complex of his sister on the day of her bday.

Fuck SJPD!!!!

sorry for your loss.... thats one thing i fucken hate, cops be tazzing people too fucken much, so far i've heard of two visibly pregnant woman being tazered...

also why the fuck dont cops get charges pressed on them when they kill somebody with a tazer gun, they dont get charges pressed on them yet a woman whose baby died in a car ACCIDENT gets madafucken manslughter charges!?(true story, happened in my area)