Review : Moonshine Bandits - Soggy Crackerz Soaked In Beer

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.velvetmusic.tk
1. Intro
2. Clucka
3. Cali Girlz
4. Looney, Looney
5. Payback
6. Small Townerz
7. No More Blingn'
8. The Hideaway (Hot Spot)
9. Bump w/ Me
10. Summerdaze
11. S.O.S. (Soaken' Or Smoken')
12. Cranky Hangover
13. Wonderfull World
14. Outro

©2001 MSB / Moonshine Bandit Publishing

Intro
Production : G-Roc
Vocals : Moonshine Bandits & G-Roc
Just an intro right here, a lot of laugh and a lot of beers. Sounds like they're having a ball down there. I like the intro, nice beat done by G-Roc who did all the beats for this album. Now let's get the real songs started!
"This is a rapalbum, we're white rappers..."

Clucka
Vocals : Moonshine Bandits
This is a nice beat right here, real laidback. The bandits flow real nice with this beat, also very laidback. The hook is also real cool, I'm feeling this one. It has something real bouncy, but it ain't a party track wich is an exception to the rest of the album. Real nice track.
"If you're down with the MSB, the Moonshine Bandit family. All my homeboys will agree with me, you can bob your head to this melody..."

Cali Girlz
Dedicated to the girls in California, another very nice track. The beat has something hectic but that's alright, caus it's still a very good beat. The hook is simple but very catchy, so that's good too. It isn't the best track off the album but still a very nice addition.
"Roll with me Cali girl, roll with me. Lay low Cali girl, lay low with me... "

Looney, Looney
Now this is a real party track, and it's great. The beat is real bouncy and even funny at times. The hook is just crazy, and really makes you want the same way. Both of them come real clean on the verses. This song is one of the most original songs off the album. A very good song right here.
"If you wanna shake that booty, let your mind go looney looney..."

Payback
This song starts off like a ghost song or something, it's a lot slower song that the others. The beat, this time, isn't that good. I like them a lot better when they do a little more uptempo songs, this doesn't really fit their style. I usually skip this one.
"No more noise, shut your mouth please..."

Small Townerz
Vocals : Moonshine Bandits, Derrty D & Abomb
The song starts off real funny, with a voicebox like Stephen King has. The beat is real cool, I like it a lot. The verses are real good too but the real tight thing about this song is the hook. It's not really sung but it's real nice and once again very catchy. Another very good song.
"From a small town baby and we'll steal the show..."

No More Blingn'
A beat with a very hard bassline, an alright beat. The verses are done nicely and never get boring, so that's a very good thing. But the hooks they lay down are real tight, and that's the case with this song once again. Another very succesfull song, real tight.
"You can build your mansions while we build our huts..."

The Hideaway (The Hot Spot)
I love this one, it sounds funny and sincere at the same time. The beat is kind of slow, but still real tight. G-Roc really has some skills on the beats, he can do very diverse beats. The verses are alright, what we're used. And the hook is really tight again, good song!
"So lady if you need me you can find me at the hot spot baby..."

Bump w/ Me
The way this song start is just plain tight. The beat is real uptempo and you really can't sit still to it. The verses are real fast too and they fit the beat perfectly. The hook is okay, they've don a lot better. A pretty good song but there's better on the album.
"If you down to party than get off the ground, bump bump to the girlies that are getting down..."

Summerdaze
A slower song this time, with a dreamy type of beat. The verses are real laidback and fit the beat perfectly, once again. I'm feeling this one, although the beat can get anoying at times. The hook, ofcourse, is very catchy again. Another very good song.
"Summertime sets your mind at ease. Time to unwind, come drink with me..."

S.O.S. (Soaken' Or Smoken')
Vocals : Moonshine Bandits & Young Droop
Right here you have a real cool beat but a somewhat boring hook. This song is made to light or drink something to. Even the hook says that, so I guess you'd better do that. It's an okay song, nothing too special if you look at the other songs. This is an avarage song, not as good as the others.
"Time flies by when you're drunk or high..."

Cranky Hangover
This is my favourite of the album. I mean just look at the title, it's just hilarious. The beat is real uptempo and the verses are real fast to fit it. This song is something for all the people out there who like those I don't give a fuck songs. The hook is fantastic, it's funny and catchy. There's some kind of singing in it too, wich is super hilarious. Got to love this song!
"Cause if you're cranky and you're cranky today. Lift up your middlefinger til you get your way..."

Wonderful World
Vocals : Moonshine Bandits & Nik
And right after my favourite you get my second favourite. It starts off with a girl singing and the Bandits taking over, wich is really tight. It's a real laidback beat with laidback verses and hooks. It all just sounds too perfect together, really tight. Maybe after this song there's another surprise for you (hint).
"Don't know much about why we die, close your eyes and try and make believe what a wonderful world this could be..."

Outro
The end of the album, wich is sad cause it was pretty good. It's the same voicebox as in Small Townerz introducing the outro. It's some people giving props and saying stuff. Not very special, but what can you expect it's an outro. An outro to a great album.
"Who want to be hung over tomorrow..."

This was an excellent debut from the Moonshine Bandit. It was very fresh, original and very catchy. One thing I hope they will improve on their next album, and that is the production. Don't get me wrong, it was very good but I'd like to see them over some other people's beats too. And maybe get a singer or two for the hooks although they don't seem to need that very bad cause they always come up with very catchy hooks. What more can I say, I enjoyed this album and I can't wait for the next one. Wich, by the way, should be out very soon and is entitled "Soggy Crackerz". It will feature Bubba Sparxxx, E-40, Haystack and others, wich is a real cool line-up. So I think you should definitly check that one out. For more information on the Moonshine Bandits and MSB / Moonshine Bandit Entertainment you should check www.moonshinebandits.com.

Reviewed by Baby Nicky

Apr 25, 2002
www.moonshinebandits.com
@ BABY NICKY

WE want to thank you for the Review. We appreciate you taking the time to analyze each song. much props!

As far as Production for the Upcoming Release of
" SOGGY CRACKERZ "::::

G-Roc does the bulk, cuz we have great chemistry together...

Other Production it includes:

Errelevent (Bay Area Producer)
eMDe (Bay Area Producer)
Tyrant (Washington Producer)
Dale Babb (Down South Producer)

Future Producers we are looking at:

Rick Rock
Sean T