Review : Game Insane - Game Insane

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.velvetmusic.tk
1. High Intensity
2. Membaz Only
3. Maybe In The Future
4. Try To Catch Us
5. Untwined Mind
6. Sickazz Fashion
7. Night Life
8. Short Fuze
9. Bangin' The Same Clique
10. Killin' The Competition
11. Slitherin'
12. Diseased
13. T-One N Only
14. Quakin

©2002 G.I. Productz

High Intensity
Production : T-1
Vocals : T-One & Loe
Starting with the "Game Side" of the cd. The album starts off with a futuristic sounding song, wich is real fresh. They come real raw over this beat and sounds real powerfull. The hook is nothing special, not very interesting at all. Overall an avarage song to introduce the album.
"Must be something that you put in the recipe that's eating em up..."

Membaz Only
Vocals : T-One, Mr. Maja & MuB
Another song with that futuristic feel to it. It has, once again, a lot of power and strong lyrical delivery in it. But it also has that one thing that made the other song a little less interesting, a very unoriginal hook. So I guess this song is just avarage too.
"I got membaz that stitch up cities and small towns..."

Maybe In The Future
Vocals : T-One
This is what you can call a skit-song, cause it's just 1.40 long. It's okay but it's like the other too songs : futuristic sounding, very raw delivery but a very unoriginal hook. Plus this one is very short, very good delivery though.
"A couple of years ago it wasn't this serious though... "

Try 2 Catch Us
Production : Mr. Maja
This sounds slightly different since it's not produced by T-1 this time but it still has that futuristic sound in it. T-One drops some real cool vocals on this one wich actually makes you listen to the song the whole way through. The hook is avarage, nothing too special. _
"You can try and catch us if you want, that's for the police..."

Untwined Mind
Vocals : Mr. Maja & T-One
Now this is a cool song right here, because it's different that the other songs. It doesn't have this futuristic sound to it, it's more classical mixed with hip hop. It's cool and both come pretty laidback on this song. Once again a bad hook but it's still a cool song. Very nice song.
"Witness the sickness of an untwined mind..."

Sickazz Fashion
This is an okay song right here. Ofcourse you got that futuristic feel to it again cause T-1's producing but it's okay this time cause it sounds pretty good. T-One also does the vocals, wich he does real good. The hook once again is not that good, but I didn't expect anything else. An okay song.
"Sickazz fashion, flossing in a sickazz fashion..."

Night Life
Vocals : T-One & Loe
Very classic right here, mixed with a little bit of that futuristic stuff. It sounds pretty weird, I can't say I'm a fan of it but it sure is new. This isn't my favourite song off the album. They put down okay verses but once again I'm not feeling the hook. I usually skip this one. _
"Because the night is young, my dick full of cum..."

Short Fuze
Vocals : T-One, Mr. Maja & MuB
Here we go with the "Insane Side" of the album. It sounds exactly the same to me though. You still get kind of the same beats with raw verses and poor hooks. So once again this is an avarage song, they're good songs but they just miss some key elements.
"What are you saying though..."

Bangin' The Same Clique
Now this is better, the beat is still like the others wich is a shame. But the hook this time isn't that bad, it's still simple and plain but it's okay. The verses still are raw and heated, wich is good. This is a good song right here, you'll like this one.
"How could you stop bangin' the same clique..."

Killin' The Competition
This is nice right here, it's just sad that it's so short. It's only 1.36 long, so I guess you could call this a skit-song again wich is a shame. Other than that this is pretty good and will keep you entertained, for a little while anyway.
"Killin' the competition with a Game Insane injection..."

Slitherin'
Vocals : T-One, MuB & Mr. Maja
My favourite song off the album, yeah you have that same style of beat again but that's okay. The beats aren't bad just too much from the same producer. Now this song is cool cause you get those heated verses you always do, so there's no surprise there. But this time you even get a cool hook, it's kind of sung, as far as you can call that singing. Yeah, this track definitly shines out. Really nice right here.
"You're just slitherin' snake in the grass..."

Diseased
And right after my favourite you get my least favourite. This beat is just like the other only not that good and way too dark. T-One drops some real cool vocals but that just doesn't fix the beat. I definitly skip this one when I bump the album.
"Everybody's catching a desease or are they hypnotised..."

T-One N Only
Production : Young Mozart
Another one of them skit-songs, they should stop doing that. But it was cool to see another producer and that makes this song okay. It's cool to have some diversity after hearing same kinds of beats over and over. Sadly the beat isn't that special. Just an okay song.
"T-One and only ain't no phoney coming with the real..."

Quakin'
Vocals : T-One, MuB, Loe & Mr. Maja
The last song is a very good one, featuring the entire Game Insane camp. It still has kind of the same sound but it's a little better than usual. Everybody drops heated verses wich makes the song real raw and cool. The hook is avarage as usual although I do like the way the room shakes when you play it on full blast. Good finisher for the album!
"I thought I told you, I warned you we got it shaking..."

This is a very good debut album from Game Insane. Only they should work on their hooks but there's always room for improvement when you dropped your first album. An other thing are the beats, they're real fresh and original but it's just too much. You got T-1 9 songs, Mr. Maja who's got almost the same sound as T-1 doing 4 and one by Young Mozart. That makes the album sound like one song whole the way through. I hope they use some other producers next time who can bring another feeling to some of the tracks. And maybe they should look into some singers for the hooks. If they improve those two small flaws I think they could go really big cause they have a real raw and tight delivery and they should not let that go to waste. Check out the fellas' next release called Trunk Tight, available now directly at their forum on raptalk or the siccness!

Reviewed by Baby Nicky

Apr 25, 2002
www.giproductz.com
What up Nicky...Thanx for takin ya time out to drop ya feed back on the album...Sounds like alot of the album didnt settle in ya ear mane...To each his own. I was glad that was somethin you was feelin like the delivery. Cant wait till you get to soak the new shit, some of that same ole raw...Give ya self some time wit it...

Apr 25, 2002
www.velvetmusic.tk
It was tight, but I got to stay honest and althought it didn't bother me I think some people might not like the fact that a lot of the beats are kind of the same and the hooks aren't really there. I myself can't wait for the next on though, cause I was feeling this one.

Mar 24, 2003
Damn i thought the hooks go hella good wit tha beat an flow of the songs. i keep herein.. Sickazz fashion, flossing in a sickazz fashion.. id give this cd a 9outa10 im hella feelin every trak on this cd. these r jus the right kinda beats an flows for my ears. an the hooks r original fo sho.