Report: Raiders likely to fire Tom Cable

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 15, 2007
Inland Empire
Oakland Raiders coach Tom Cable's seat is getting warm.

Steve Corkran of the San Jose Mercury News reports that several people close to Raiders owner Al Davis say he is inclined to fire Cable.

Davis hasn't commented publicly. Asked if he is expecting to coach the Raiders in 2010, Cable said: "I am, because I see, and you all see, too, where this team is going, and what we've been able to accomplish in proving some things." .

Cable added that he's "pretty sure -- as sure as I can be" that he'll return.

The big issue for the Raiders centers around JaMarcus Russell, whom Davis has continued to support as a franchise quarterback of the future. Cable has hinted that he'd rather have someone else at quarterback, and that may make Davis decide he wants someone else at coach.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/04/report-raiders-likely-to-fire-tom-cable/

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
NOOOOOO Dont fire cable.....This is crazy.....The only way cable should be relived of his duties should be if we get Gruden back.....Even then i still want Cable on the staff......

I went to the game yesterday and was talking to surrounding tailgaters and people passing by (People from all backrounds) Not just drunk shouting we like the colors and raider image type fans either....and the raider fans want russell to go......I didnt get one person who was in favor to have him next year.....I was even taking russells side in most of the converstations i had...But no one wants him anymore......I really would like Russell to work out, but it dosent look like he's gonna get any better.....He has no pocket presence at all......

Sep 16, 2002
im a niners fan and i think that would be extremely idiotic , i kinda feel bad for you guys...

45 Responses to "Report: Raiders likely to fire Tom Cable"

1. mooremi9 says: January 4, 2010 9:31 AM

Tom cable has proven one thing, he can beat women.

As for NFL teams that is still up in the air.

I think he deserves another shot just like his wife did at getting dinner on the table at 6:30

lmao that shit had me dyin... hahahaha

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
FIRE HIM OR KEEP HIM,....GET ALL THE BULLSHIT OUUTA THE WAY,...START LOOSE BRUCE NEXT YEAR,..AND START FRESH A NEW SEASON WITH NO DISTRACTIONS AND DRAMA AND SEE WHERE IT GOES FROM THERE IS WUT THEY SHOULD DO!...GET SOME MORE O-LINE PROTECTION AND THERE IT IS!...IF NOT THEN FIRE WHOEVER U NEED TO!..FUCK IT!...

I SAY GIVE CABLE 1 MORE YEAR OR REPLACE HIM WITH A TOP NFL COACH,..NOT GO FROM ONE SCRUB TO THE NEXT!

Apr 5, 2003
Dude deserves at least another year. He's already proven he can beat elite teams. Get rid of that overpaid lazy fuck you call a quarterback. Firing your coach every year isn't gonna help your team.

Dec 4, 2006
They fucked up when they let go of Garcia..

If Garcia would had been playing with the Raiders..

Raiders would have had a better record...

Al Davis is a dumb fuck.....

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
The team is moving in the right direction, if we fire cable and start russell next season its likely gonna be another 11 or more loss season... God damn its fuckin hard being a raiders fan

The team constantly takes 1 step forward and 2 steps back

Jul 29, 2002
Cable is a good coach..........but his play calling is def ques.....he needs alot of help there. If he stays we need to hire someone who knows how 2 call plays. If we fire him it should only be for a high profile coach like gruden, cowher, dungy, etc....I think the players like him. They need someone who is going to be there 4 more than a year or two. As far as QB......we should dump JR, bottom line he dont give a shit....get someone in there that actually cares and wants to prove it!!! In all realty Al is gonna stick with JR and probably fire cable..........one thing i do know is that the NFL needs us....go to NFL.com they showing you that blacked out Raider game 4 free, n this aint the 1st time either.......they dont do that shit 4 no one else!!!!! either which way RAIDER NATION cabrones........

Jan 6, 2004
www.myspace.com
Cable is a good coach..........but his play calling is def ques.....he needs alot of help there. If he stays we need to hire someone who knows how 2 call plays. If we fire him it should only be for a high profile coach like gruden, cowher, dungy, etc....I think the players like him. They need someone who is going to be there 4 more than a year or two. As far as QB......we should dump JR, bottom line he dont give a shit....get someone in there that actually cares and wants to prove it!!! In all realty Al is gonna stick with JR and probably fire cable..........one thing i do know is that the NFL needs us....go to NFL.com they showing you that blacked out Raider game 4 free, n this aint the 1st time either.......they dont do that shit 4 no one else!!!!! either which way RAIDER NATION cabrones........
actually yea they do show every game thats blacked out. It just cuz we get blacked out every week that it seems that way. LOL. I dont blame people for not going but Im there every week and wouldn't have it any other way..

Jul 29, 2002
actually yea they do show every game thats blacked out. It just cuz we get blacked out every week that it seems that way. LOL. I dont blame people for not going but Im there every week and wouldn't have it any other way..

haha never noticed that bro............either way though we all know the NFL would like the Raiders 2 be good.....