Religious outcry sparks LittleBigRecall

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
LittleBigPlanet, one of this year's most-anticipated PlayStation 3 releases, won't be arriving in stores next week as expected.

The "social platforming" game is already gathering rave reviews, but it hasn't proven popular with one Muslim group, which issued a complaint to the game's publisher Sony concerning one background music track. Performed by award-winning Malian musician Toumani Diabate, the song quotes two verses from the Qur'an. Many Muslims consider the mixing of music and scripture to be deeply offensive.

Although the game is already pressed, packaged, and reportedly sitting in the back rooms of many worldwide retailers awaiting its original Oct. 21 debut, gamers eager to get hold of it will have to wait at least another week while the offending content is expunged. Updated versions of the game are expected to be shipped to stores during the week of October 27.

"Sorry for the delay, and rest assured, we are doing everything we can to get LittleBigPlanet to you as soon as possible," commented Patrick Seybold, Sony's US director of Corporate Communications, in a statement on the company's PlayStation blog.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/religious-outcry-sparks-littlebigrecall/1257227

Jun 9, 2007
lmao@this shit, I bet they were fuming when they got that complaint... this game looks fuckin stupid anyway.... my wife thinks it looks fun, I told her the day you actually spend $60 on this game is the last day you ever get my check card... ever...

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
lol. i would play it but i dont know about buying it.

for real though, you know the sony execs are like "THIS is why we hate your religion!"

i mean damn. dont get me wrong, but this is gona add fuel to the anti-muslim fire