Redskins fire coach Jim Zorn

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2004
ASHBURN, Va. (AP)—The Washington Redskins say they’ve fired coach Jim Zorn.

General manager Bruce Allen says Zorn was informed of the decision shortly after the team returned to Redskins Park early Monday, following a season-ending 23-20 loss to San Diego.

Allen said in a statement released by the team that “the status quo is not acceptable.”

Allen, who has been the GM for three weeks, said he “felt it was necessary to not waste a moment of time building this team into a winner.”

Zorn was 12-20 over two seasons as coach. The Redskins finished 4-12 this season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...?slug=ap-redskins-zornfired&prov=ap&type=lgns

Apr 20, 2003
Everyone knew this shit was coming after the Detroit loss and after getting stripped from his play calling duties..... He's a good dude but he still has lots to learn about being a great HC. I don't blame him for all of our team's failure this season cuz we had problems all around. I wish him luck in the future and for being a stand up guy, as well as not being one who points fingers at others! Thanks for finishing out the season at least and not quiting on team even when Snyder boy did him a bit dirty IMO....

May 18, 2005
Dude lost to the Chargers 2nd and 3rd stringers, he deserves it
In all fairness we were on 2nd and 3rd stringers too without pro bowlers Chris Samuels, Chris Cooley, Clinton Portis, Albert Haynesworth, and a host of other starters that are on IR...but probably couldn't beat the Chargers with them healthy.

Zorn needed to go.

Apr 20, 2003
^^^^ I agree ^^^^ He's brought nothing but bad luck and over priced players past their prime to my team! Oh not to mention a bunch of scrub coaches minus Gibbs and Norv Turner....