Reason 2.0 users

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
Are you talking about the sampler? With the sampler you can use it like most other samplers (I'd recommend the more advanced sampler in there, I think it's called the NNXT). I have a shitload of sampling techniques I use. Taking a sound I like (cd, vinyl, tv, etc) and throwing it in the sampler. From there, I can try a few things. If it's a general tone, I might loop and crossfade the end to sustain it. If it's a melody and I don't want to change my bpm, sometimes I'll make it fit on only one key (after I find the key I'd like it in), then I change the start time to play the first note of the melody. Then I'll copy the zone and paste, move it to the next key (so it'll play on ONLY that key) and change the start time to the next note. On and on until Have the whole melody, so I can play it to the beat. Those are a few tips for creating your own banks in the sampler. Those tips can work for pretty much any decent sampler as well, not just reason's.

With the subtractor, I mainly just use it for making a bass tone, or layering it under another bass line, drum, whatever.

If you're looking for sound banks, you can load soundfonts into the sampler as well. If you search on the net, you can find a grip of soundfonts.

Jan 2, 2003
Thanks playa I was havin the same problems with the samplin
Would you recommend any websites to get the sounds from?

Hit me back

ONE

Jan 2, 2003
Nother Quik Question,
Does anyone know how to convert a mp3 to a wave file.
Or if there is an easier way in Reason to do it

Thanks Folks

May 2, 2002
Phil, that one track I showed you where I put added that sample, I think I called it "Slum Strings" that KIND of has something like what I'm talking about. I told it to loop the sample, but I changed the start and end loop points towards the end of the sample. The reason you'd want to crossfade it is so that it would sound like a smooth transition while looping (you'd have to find a nice spot to loop it as well). You can do some halfass tweaking with the crossfading in reason, but I don't fully comprehend how to do it correctly in Reason. I just tweak the knobs until they sound right.

My favorite way for finding good crossfading points and setting them is by loading a wav into Wavlab and editing in there. You can set the loop points, crossfades, save it, load it up in whatever sampler you're gonna use (that can use wav files) and it should work good. It works in my kurzweil, the few sampler vsts I've tried, and in reason.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
oh i was wondering how you did it in reason. ive been looking for a program to set loop points. so wavelab should do the job? or can i stick with sound forge or cool edit (thats what i have installed right now)

Jan 2, 2003
I just bought Reason like a week or two ago.
So sick playa. just getting through all of the manuals and getting a better feel for it.
Make sure you go pick up the MIDI keyboard, it helps a hell of a lot. Right now Im in the middle of downloading all the samples. i got endlees soundz. And this week I how to knock out my first track.
Hit me back playa if ya got any probs.
'
ONE

Jan 2, 2003
I got mostly all of the samples from the SAMPLEZ post.
great links.
I think that MR D Sane posted them. Make sure that you get the wave files, I downloaded a grip of that shit as an mp3 file but it would show up in reason
The links should be under the SAMPLEZ post under this studio forum

ONE