Rap and oldies?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Now there are a lot of well known artist here and a grip of rap music loverz? Would anyone here ever use oldies in there beats again or would anyone that buys rap like to hear some oldies used in cd's? I know back in the days all the chicano rappers used every east side story melody that was ever made and a few black artist would use them but not to often. Reason I ask is because I like hearing oldies sometimes when it is used in a stylish way and not just a sample over a drum loop? I sometimes be chillin and start playing a old melody on my keyboard then add a lil dis and dat them Blam! It becomes somethang different! Peep this and tell me if this would be somethang ya'll can ride too or is it just not really somethang you wont want to hear cuzz it's a slow jam turned in to a up tempo track????????
~Just peep and let me know the deal cuzz it dont take but a couple minutes~TAZTWI$TED

http://www.searchmpthree.com/musicdownload.asp?im=4970

I ask these questions because it helps peepz like myself keep up with the times. And all the non rappers here like to buy shit they want to hear and not what the rapper/producer's likes throw out there just cuzz they think it's decent enough to put on a shelf. I would rather have people vote on my shit before it's released but then again.........thats just me..

M

MrFreeze

funny you should say that...

i heard an oldie the other day that i think im gonna switch up a little and add a drumloop to. i think its cool because you get the old school flavor with a new school style on top of it. its kinda like remembering a good song by doing your own revisions of it.

Apr 25, 2002
Yup its cool if its flipped in a way that fits the times. Because if its used over and over again the same way the rap artist four years ago used it it wouldnt be worth buying. I usually dont sample unless I have too but I like to lay it out on the keyboard my own way. I love bringin shit back from the past and producing it the taz way. Such as the beat I laced on V-boys album from the willie wonka movie and the back 2 the hotel beat I flipped for my new album that hopefully Jt & TL will be on J/K that would be sick tho. But I made a beat that I hooked NBD up with that was a re-production of The Temptations I"I wish it would rain " song. And Rio is like me when hearing tracks like that...if its from way back and has a 2000 feel to it?Bring it on....

Apr 25, 2002
Yup Shea that was one of my fav's!

I will have that one on my shit if peeps dig it? But originality is a must now a days unless you puffy or J.D LOL. NO one wants to hear a cd full of cover songs or samples. But a couple is cool because those are the ones that usually get radio play....

And you can thank OG Gangsta Reese for that one because I used it after hearing him fucking around on the piano at the Doin Dirt show we was at with Dutch when I was signed with DUGOUT......

Matter of fact Reese we should lace that shit homie LMFAO!

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

Shea, I stil wanna hear the song you did that sampled the Cheech and Chong.

I love the old samples tho, Like the stuff Frost did on East Side Story.

Does anyone know any songs that sample Suavecito, besides the Lil ROb one? Thats my all time favorite oldie, I could listen to that all day, and just chill....

Apr 25, 2002
All good Tazzy, just let me know.

Shea, "McKee Rd. I was chillin seen this bitch on tight, the nine- six Avalon sittin at the light so bust a U and come through cause we gots ta meet I told you how these bitches tingle ridin down this street.............." Old Skool shit, HOE ON form the first album!!