Raiders WR Curry re-tears his achillies

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 15, 2002
Man that fucking sucks - i feel sorry for him. He was coming on when he tore it the first time. This could be the end of his career, but you never know with medicine nowadays.

Raiders' Curry re-tears Achilles tendon, out for seasonAsociated Press

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Oakland receiver Ronald Curry re-tore his left Achilles' tendon in just his second regular season game back from the same injury last year and will be sidelined for the rest of the season.

Curry was hurt in the final 2 minutes of Oakland's 23-17 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday night and an MRI on Monday revealed the tear, Raiders spokesman Mike Taylor said.

No surgery is currently scheduled for Curry. It took Curry more than eight months to return from the same injury last season.

Curry was unavailable for comment Monday, but expressed frustration over the injury Sunday night.

"I've been working since December to get back, so it's very discouraging," he said. "It is what it is. You can't control it."

Curry had the same injury to his right Achilles' tendon during college at North Carolina. Curry had an impressive camp and was being counted on to be a third receiver behind Randy Moss and Jerry Porter.

Curry spent the entire offseason working to recover from a torn Achilles' tendon that forced him to miss the final four games last season.

He came back for the final exhibition game and played sparingly in the opener against New England. He has just two catches for 12 yards so far this season.

Last season was a breakthrough year for Curry before the injury, finishing second on the team behind Porter with 50 catches for 679 yards and six touchdowns in 2004.

Curry, a seventh-round pick in 2002, had been using a weighted boot at night to strengthen and stabilize his right ankle and other muscles with hopes of avoiding hurting himself again.

In other injury news, an MRI exam on cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha's sprained right foot came back negative and defensive linemen Warren Sapp and Tommy Kelly were fine after being nicked up, coach Norv Turner said.

Jan 4, 2003
so he's out for the year... good thing we got a lot of depth at the WR position... Time for either Gabriel or Morant to step up... Hope for a speedy recovery

Jun 27, 2003
YOuNg WiNo said:
fuck , porter need to step it up , moss can't carry the team
in that Chiefs game I saw plenty of oppurtunities for Collins to get the ball over to Porter, but Collins was waiting on Moss and ended up getting sacked. I think he still hasn't figured out who he's going to throw it to in certain situations. That last pass to Porter was also a mistake. Collins needs to step it up, or they should put in the rookie Walter shit. It's like having fireworks being the receivers and Collins is a faulty lighter. You can't light no fireworks without a flame.